Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Sign Up to Post on this forum

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.


No announcement yet.

Status change from F1 to h4

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Status change from F1 to h4

    Currently I am on F1 and my husband is on H1B. A month before filing F1, I got a three years of H4 visa, so technically I have a valid H4 visa until september 2016. Do I still need to apply for change of status if so what are the ways to apply. Can I be in this country and apply for change of status or do I need to leave the country for the H4 stamping? and what is the exact Fee for the I539 application. Last time I got a rejection on application because I wrote 10 $ more on my check as a application fee.

    Thank you so much for your advice


  • #2
    Thank first for posting the question. First at this point you are on F1 status so you need to move to H4. The good news is that you can file the change of status and the h4 ead simultaneously. Read the article on So on May 26 you can file both.
    Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.

    Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV.


    Latest Post