Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need F1 stamping to travel to India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need F1 stamping to travel to India?

Dear Sir,

I came to US in 2013 on H4 visa. I joined in a university to do my Masters in Jan 2014. I changed form H4 to F1. I will be completing my Masters by this May 2015. My I94 and H4 visa will get expired by October ,2015. I wanted to go to India this summer but since I don't have F1 visa stamped there might be a problem of getting stuck in India . Also I will be going after my Masters is completed.

1) If I had to travel to India, is it better to get stamped before I travel to India in order to avoid any stamping problems in India? Even if I get F1 stamped, will it be fine while returning back to US or are there any chances of any other problems?

2) My I94 and H4 are getting expired by this Oct,2015. Is H4 expiry date still valid though I changed to F1? Do I have to renew my I94 card?

3) Could you suggest any way to get my F1 visa stamped because this is my last semester and I would be in OPT from July.

I don't think by any means F1 visa stamping is possible in my case and I wouldn't be able to go to India even if there is an emergency condition.

Any information from your side would be great.
    Thanking you,

Regards,
    Amrutha

Originally posted by amrutha View Post
    dear sir,

i came to us in 2013 on h4 visa. I joined in a university to do my masters in jan 2014. I changed form h4 to f1. I will be completing my masters by this may 2015. My i94 and h4 visa will get expired by october ,2015. I wanted to go to india this summer but since i don't have f1 visa stamped there might be a problem of getting stuck in india . also i will be going after my masters is completed.

1) if i had to travel to india, is it better to get stamped before i travel to india in order to avoid any stamping problems in india? Even if i get f1 stamped, will it be fine while returning back to us or are there any chances of any other problems?

Where are you planning to get a stamp on your passport except india? Canada or mexico??? The issue might be the same

2) my i94 and h4 are getting expired by this oct,2015. Is h4 expiry date still valid though i changed to f1? Do i have to renew my i94 card?
    Once you got on f1 the h4 i-94 terminates. If you want to go back on h4, either do a change of status or just leave and come back on your h4 visa stamp

3) could you suggest any way to get my f1 visa stamped because this is my last semester and i would be in opt from july.
    You can try even when opt coming but it will be hard

i don't think by any means f1 visa stamping is possible in my case and i wouldn't be able to go to india even if there is an emergency condition.
    You can always come back on h4 in worst case scenario but no more opt will be available.

Any information from your side would be great.
    Thanking you,

regards,
    amrutha

i have answered BELOW EACH QUESTION. I will recommend calling us at 5107425887 for any further questions.
    Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - www.peerallylaw.com and www.immigrationlegalblog.com
    Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on www.YourDebtSettlementAttorney.com.
    Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...
    X