Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Sign Up to Post on this forum

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.


No announcement yet.

H4 visa and profesional licensing

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H4 visa and profesional licensing


    Are H4 visa holders allowed to obtain professional licenses like Cosmetology/ Nursing?

    If yes, Please advice on what should I write in place of SSN in the application.


  • #2
    Yes you are allowed. As for the social security number you should contact the licensing unit, if there is a substitute.
    Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

    For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - and
    Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on
    Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.


    • #3
      Thank you Mr. Shah for the reply. I will be applying to the California board of barbering and cosmetology for the cosmetology license in June , 2013. I have tried calling and emailing the if they could write my Itin in place of SSN, but have not got any replies.
      If I get a letter from the social security office stating that I am not entitled to an SSN while on H4 and submit that with my application , will that help in getting me the test ticket?

      Could you please suggest what else I can do to get my application through.

      Thanks a lot .


      Latest Post