Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B extension is denied but have current I797 valid till 24 March wit a approved I140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension is denied but have current I797 valid till 24 March wit a approved I140

Hello ,

Currently I am on H1b visa which is valid till 24 March 2017 with a approved I140. Just today my H1b extension is denied after submitting the RFE(I haven't received the denial reason yet waiting for the response).

Also my spouse had a H1b with approved I140.

My Queries are:

- Even though my H1b Extension is denied will my current Visa/I94 valid till 24 March 2017 and continue the stay in US ? Till what date I can be in US ?

- What are the options left over to continue my H1B status, Can my employer file another extension ? Or Do I need to find a new employer and do the H1b Transfer

- Do I need to convert COS to H4 as my spouse had a valid H1B with I140 approved ?
    - If later I try to COS to H1B ? Do I come under the lottery for the new H1B ?

- Can I initiate both the COS to H4 and H1 transfer to new employer/Extn in parallel and choose for H1b / H4 which ever went well(As I dont have much time and hardly 4 weeks)

Can you please help me out a way to stay back in US with out departing the country.

Thanks in advance.

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...
X