Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laid Off On H1b With 2 Months Grace Period Ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid Off On H1b With 2 Months Grace Period Ending

Hi Friends!
    I recently got laid off from my company on 03/31/17. I still have no luck getting a new job. Considering 2 months grace period, I have only 9 days left. After talking to few friends and a lawyer, I can think of these few options to maintain my status here. I would really appreciate your advice on these options or if you can suggest any other options.

my visa status: I140 approved (priority date is July 2012)

Option 1: I asked my company to give me sabbatical for 4 months. which they approved. So, one I find a new job, I can just do a normal h1b transfer. One problem could be, my H1B transfer can still be denied as I am still in the US on sabbatical.
    Please advise if this is still a good option?
    I am thinking to travel outside us on 06/01/17 and comeback after 2 months to avoid any sabbatical related questions (as I will be outside us for 2 months)

Option 2: I might get an offer from a tech consulting company but they need to file h1b transfer with consular processing. But I have to go outside us to get new stamping, which may be risky.
    Please advise if there is any issue with visa approval in this case?

Option 3: I leave us to and keep looking for a job. Once I get something, a company will transfer my h1b. and I can't come back until it gets approved. As there is no premium processing, it could take 4-6 months.
    Please advise on when can I come back to us? and how? (on b2 or h1B)

Option 4: change my status to B2 and once I get a job change it back to H1B. but I heard that B2 can still take 3-4 months to get approved.
    Please advise if I get a job next months while my B2 is under process, can I still apply for H1B transfer and stop B2? or what is the process to get B2 and then change it to h1b once I get a job.

Thank you all for your time and help! I really appreciate it.

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...
X