Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News:University of Northern New Jersey (UNNJ) - Fake University for F1 Visas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please call our office at 510 742 5887 and we will schedule a private consultation. Cases are differing and each students seems to have unique options. The only way to decide whether you can stay or not, is based on your own option(s).
    Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - www.peerallylaw.com and www.immigrationlegalblog.com
    Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on www.YourDebtSettlementAttorney.com.
    Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.

Comment

Unnj admission letter

I have an admission letter from this one. But I didn't join. will it be an issue?

Comment

It might. Some people never joined still getting questioned. But so far we have not heard of any getting a NTA or status revoked based on that. But next week we will know. Check updates at
        http://www.peerallylaw.com/universit...w-jersey-unnj/
        Shah Peerally is an attorney licensed in California practicing immigration law and debt settlement. He has featured as an expert legal ****yst for many TV networks such as NDTV, Times Now and Sitarree TV. Articles about Shah Peerally and his work have appeared on newspapers such as San Jose Mercury News, Oakland Tribune, US Fiji Times, Mauritius Le Quotidien, Movers & Shakers and other prominent international newspapers. His work has been commended by Congress women Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Lee. He has a weekly radio show on KLOK 1170AM and frequently participates in legal clinics in churches, temples and mosques.

For updates follow us onYoutube, Radio, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Shah Peerally Law Group PC deals in immigration law - www.peerallylaw.com and www.immigrationlegalblog.com
        Attorney Shah Peerally also deals in debt settlement. For more information call us on 510.742.5887 and visit us on www.YourDebtSettlementAttorney.com.
        Information provided above is for educational purposes only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. You should consult an attorney to assess your case before proceeding.

Comment

Impact on immigration status

So, my girl friend is a student at Canadian university. We are planning to get married soon.

My Question is:
          Is SEVIS being terminated, the same as deportation or removal?
          Deportation is a bad remark on Immigration record & as US and Canada share immigration information will this become a problem.

Although I am aware of 2 students from Tri-Valley University, that were deported from US,eventually went on to study at Canadian Universities I would still like to know if this has any impact.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            So, my girl friend is a student at Canadian university. We are planning to get married soon.

My Question is:
            Is SEVIS being terminated, the same as deportation or removal?
            Deportation is a bad remark on Immigration record & as US and Canada share immigration information will this become a problem.

Although I am aware of 2 students from Tri-Valley University, that were deported from US,eventually went on to study at Canadian Universities I would still like to know if this has any impact.

It might not I would recommend looking into the Voluntary Departure. Check this video, call us at 510 742 5887 for a full consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Someone contacted me regarding UNNJ University while I was on H4 visa. I was already in process of contacting a couple of universities. Choosing UNNJ was merely a financial decision as the fee was 20-30% less than others. I was told that it is a CPT based special course and degree will be based on CPT. Consider an example if you go for shopping, you compare the prices in different stores and buy one which suits you ( In my case I buy cheap with higher features). And same I did while selecting the university less tuition with practical industry exposure. While taking admission my status was changed via USCIS and I got my SSN (via Social security office) based on the UNNJ I20 when all the process went through government agencies, there was no question of fraud.(But now I understand the trap). Back to story, Soon I started finding job, got one and started working. After taking admission I was directly talking to the school representative and president for any questions. There was a time when I asked regarding any option where I can take some classes and was suggested by President (Now I understand the special agent) to transfer to some other university. Having associated with university for more than 6 months, I had my suspicion regarding university functioning and staff. I researched some other university and took transfer but obviously it took a little time meanwhile I continued working. While transfer I was given option to get a fake certificate if I am willing to transfer my credit but I refused considering it illegal (This was the only time I used my brain). 1 month after transfer, the HSI agents came and questioned me regarding UNNJ. After hearing the story said that I might be victim. But the next day news regarding the sting operation surfaced on media. Not to mention while inquiring about university, HSI agents did not say a word about sting operation. I was called by agents and told that I am under Administrative arrest. HSI officer said to continue studying in current university till someone tells otherwise. Also told that I am out of status since I have taken admission in UNNJ. As I am out of status my current university degree will be not considered (my assumption), so why should I pay the fee. And now I am not sure how to proceed further.
              But the main point is should I take voluntary departure, return to my home country and forget about coming back? And as part of voluntary departure I have to accept charges (i.e. I choose UNNJ with any malicious intention). Living whole life with a charge which I actually did not commit may be a little painful. Everyone is questioning the intension of students for choosing a university without classes. But it was told to us that this is a special degree based on practical training. I sometimes feels we were trapped by giving special offers. As immigrant and student we are not aware of the rules. And if government agencies themselves create a trap then few people are bound to find a way in it.
              Hi Dude I'm also same your situation and applied for reinstatement. Attorney said I have to be ready even for Investigation If HSI approach me. Just want to know what questions they asked you please if possible keep an email at [email protected]. Thank

Comment

Originally posted by shah View Post
                Please call our office at 510 742 5887 and we will schedule a private consultation. Cases are differing and each students seems to have unique options. The only way to decide whether you can stay or not, is based on your own option(s).
                SHAH, could you please remove the email mentioned in one of the posts in the second page? I have sent you the private message. Thanks in advance

Comment

Speak with reporter?

Hello, I'm a reporter with Newsweek magazine and pursuing a story about what happened at UNNJ and the complications that many of you who enrolled there say you are going through. Are any of you willing to speak with me by phone or Skype about your experiences? We can discuss keeping your identity anonymous. Please email me at [email protected] if interested. Thank you.

Comment

Hello, I am a journalist with Voice of America. If you feel you are unfairly treated in this case, please send me an email at [email protected], or call me at 202-262-7672. We are currently working on a report to tell the story of the students involved. We won't use your name or voice. Please reach out and get your voice heard.

Comment

done. the email was removed

Comment

An update on the UNNJ - as we are hearing different stories, it seems more reporters are looking to check on this situation and seeing the injustice. However, we recommend making sure you protect your case and identity before you speak to any journalist. We also ask the reporters to respect the privacy of the victims of UNNJ.

Most recently few people have been able to get their H4 visa stamped abroad and came back. As for F1 so far we have not heard of any who actually got an F1 approved. Note that this is based on information we are getting from some individuals. You should not think that the situation will apply to your case. Cases are different and success in one case does not mean success in other cases.

We also recommend those who have been affected to make sure they have legal representation. Feel free to reach out to us at (510) 742 5887.

Comment

Originally posted by shah View Post
                          An update on the UNNJ - as we are hearing different stories, it seems more reporters are looking to check on this situation and seeing the injustice. However, we recommend making sure you protect your case and identity before you speak to any journalist. We also ask the reporters to respect the privacy of the victims of UNNJ.

Most recently few people have been able to get their H4 visa stamped abroad and came back. As for F1 so far we have not heard of any who actually got an F1 approved. Note that this is based on information we are getting from some individuals. You should not think that the situation will apply to your case. Cases are different and success in one case does not mean success in other cases.

We also recommend those who have been affected to make sure they have legal representation. Feel free to reach out to us at (510) 742 5887.
                          Hello Shah, Did you hear about any F1/reinstatement getting approved ? I am hearing that few were able to go out and come back on new F1, but dont know how authentic the news is.

Comment

any update on F1 cases?

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Did anyone hear about situation of UNNJ students or any new cases.

How about Reinstatement?

Did anyone attend the trial or received NTA?

My Scenario : I have applied for Reinstatement and its been 3 months. I am still waiting on the response from USCIS.

I heard that H4's and H1's are getting approved.

Please let me know if you have heard any news about the situation going on.

Thanks,
                              Raj

Comment

Originally posted by Raj1987 View Post
                                Hello Everyone,

Did anyone hear about situation of UNNJ students or any new cases.

How about Reinstatement?

Did anyone attend the trial or received NTA?

My Scenario : I have applied for Reinstatement and its been 3 months. I am still waiting on the response from USCIS.

I heard that H4's and H1's are getting approved.

Please let me know if you have heard any news about the situation going on.

Thanks,
                                Raj
                                No news, no trial and didn't receive any notice.

As for H1b application's admin processing, it has been 13 months now for a friend of mine.

I think everyone should help out each other and keep everyone updated with the current situation.

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...
                                X