Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 to H1b Change of Status denied i-797b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1b Change of Status denied i-797b

H1b Approved but Change of status denied. ( counselor processing required for new visa) f1 to h1b

University A = master in computer science and participated in 12 months OPT (Unemployed 83 days)
    University B = master in IT management and participated Day 1 CPT

IN I-797b Approval Notice:

" The above petition has been approved for the classification requested. However, the status previously accorded the worker(s) had expired before this petition was filed. Therefore, the worker(s) were out of status when this petition was filed. Thus, the worker(s) are not eligible for the requested change of status. Accordingly, the request for a change of status is denied. There is no appeal from the decision denying the requested change of status.
    Even though the worker(s) are ineligible for a change of status, they may depart the United States and apply for the proper visa at a consulate abroad. Then they may apply at a port of entry to reenter the U.S. based on that new visa. The petitioner should keep the upper portion of this notice and forward the lower portion to the worker(s) for presentation at the U.S. Consulate.
    To speed this process, we have sent notification of the approval of the classification to the consulate listed above. If you have any questions about visa issuance, please contact the consulate directly. "

1. In I-797b says: out of status when this petition was filed

2. Collage says: SEVIS is active till date and never been issue with SEVIS

3. Can i file MTR ?

4. Can i continue collage because my SEVIS is active

I don't want to depart USA with this issues, so i would like to solve issue with out crossing border. What are the next steps i can take.

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...
X