Shah Peerally Law Forum is a FREE SERVICE offered to the entire immigrant community from Shah Peerally Law Group PC. Anybody can be a member of this forum – you do not need to be a client to be a member. If you have any question feel free to call us at: 510-742-5887 or send us an email at: [email protected]

Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided , please use at your own risk. Note: Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization. Do not post personal information details. Courts and government agencies can require us to disclose your email, IP address. etc.

Question about U.S citizenship of Baby

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sanjay.sinha84
    • Sep 2018

Question about U.S citizenship of Baby

Hi,

I and my wife are both Canadian permanent residents and citizens of India currently. We are planning to have a baby in 2020 and we would like to have our baby born in the U.S.A . I am aware of the costs associated with delivery of the baby in U.S.A and am financially capable completely to afford the delivery of our baby in the best hospital in U.S.A.

In this case, what is the legal process to ensure that we are allowed to have our baby born in U.S.A so that our baby can be a U.S citizen even though I and my wife are Canadian permanent residents?Is there any specific visa we need to apply in this case for delivery of baby in U.S.A? I would also like to mention here that both me and my wife will be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship in mid of 2019. We are going to apply for B1/B2 visitor visa by end of 2018.
  • AAli
    • Apr 2018

Originally posted by sanjay.sinha84
    Hi,

I and my wife are both Canadian permanent residents and citizens of India currently. We are planning to have a baby in 2020 and we would like to have our baby born in the U.S.A . I am aware of the costs associated with delivery of the baby in U.S.A and am financially capable completely to afford the delivery of our baby in the best hospital in U.S.A.

In this case, what is the legal process to ensure that we are allowed to have our baby born in U.S.A so that our baby can be a U.S citizen even though I and my wife are Canadian permanent residents?Is there any specific visa we need to apply in this case for delivery of baby in U.S.A? I would also like to mention here that both me and my wife will be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship in mid of 2019. We are going to apply for B1/B2 visitor visa by end of 2018.
    I think you should stay in Canada and do not split your family's lives. You can afford having a baby in the USA, where as your wife can get free delivery here in the USA in some states. But the aftermath result will not be as good as it seems. I do not say not to come to the US but what is the appealing thing that you want your kid born here? The rest is your choice.

Comment

• sigrid94
      • Dec 2021

Are there reasons why you want your child to be a U.S. citizen and not a Canadian? May be we can advise better from there.

Comment

• hair
        • Dec 2021

I think you should stay in Canada and do now not cut up your circle of relatives lives. You can afford to have a toddler within the USA, whereas your spouse can get unfastened delivery right here in USA in a few states.

Regards,

Comment

• Mediation
          • Feb 2022

This is a really informative site and there are many new things for learning.thanks

Regards.
          Toronto Divorce Mediation

Comment

• berdklauss
            • Sep 2022

Why you want your baby to be delivered in US? Contact some good law firms for better opinion.

Comment

• Annsebastin
              • Oct 2022

I am a canadian citizen. And I would like to take US citizen, can anyone help me suggest wit the procedures

Comment

Latest Post

Collapse

Working...