Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U visa approved, 4-y EAD not arrived yet

U visa approved, 4-y EAD not arrived yet

Hi,

Applied for U visa on 01/24/2014
    U visa became available notice day 03/08/2017
    However, my EAD card still has not arrived 04/24/2017.
    Called USCIS they said it is sensitive and I need to send a letter to Vermont, my attorney sent a message but 2 weeks no respond.

I have a job offer. Can I work with my approval receipt, or I have to have 4 years EAD to begin employment?

Has anybody had similar issue?

TIA
    Last edited by seva; 04-24-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seva View Post
    Hi,

Called USCIS they said it is sensitive and I need to send a letter to Vermont, my attorney sent a message but 2 weeks no respond.

I have a job offer. Can I work with my approval receipt, or I have to have 4 years EAD to begin employment?

TIA
    You need your ead card and social # to get employment.

Hi,

TIA
    Still waiting for my u visa to be approved but my friend had his case approved not so long ago his timeline was from Sep 2013 and the day he got his approval letter he had his EAD card within 2 weeks. That was last year and now USCIS is really slow issuing the EAD cards I've my
    renewal card in line and still waiting. it has been 4 and 1/2 months so I'm sure that USCIS Work permit department is struggling real bad and they have shit pending for months. Hope you get your EAD soon but your clock already started for the Green card the day you got your approval. Congrats

Hi,

TIA
    Hi Seva,

Congrats.

Have you received your U visa approval notice? If yes, than you can work. I was in the same position and my attorney told me I can continue work no need to worry as approval notice clearly states that "You are eligible to work in US." But fortunately I received my EAD in a week after the approval of my U visa.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Hi Seva,

Congrats.

Have you received your U visa approval notice? If yes, than you can work. I was in the same position and my attorney told me I can continue work no need to worry as approval notice clearly states that "You are eligible to work in US." But fortunately I received my EAD in a week after the approval of my U visa.

Thank You
    Hey Scorpion I have a question!
    Did the status of your I-918 receipt change at USCIS??
    My I-192 was approved but the I-1918 has no changed it still says the same.

Hi all,
    I have a question here. As I'm abroad and I will enter US after consular processing. Will I have to apply for Ead after I'm in US? My attorney said I will have to apply for EAd after I'm in US? Or I can receive it with my final approval. I have already filed I 765 after filing my petition. Does anyone know exactly or in the same situation I'm? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Hey Scorpion I have a question!
    Did the status of your I-918 receipt change at USCIS??
    My I-192 was approved but the I-1918 has no changed it still says the same.
    Hi Cristina,

Online status for my I-918 has not changed. I was denied for I-912. But it is good that your I-912 is approved. And again do not rely on online status.

Quote Originally Posted by Special View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a question here. As I'm abroad and I will enter US after consular processing. Will I have to apply for Ead after I'm in US? My attorney said I will have to apply for EAd after I'm in US? Or I can receive it with my final approval. I have already filed I 765 after filing my petition. Does anyone know exactly or in the same situation I'm? Thanks.
    Hi Special,

You can not apply for EAD while your are abroad. You can apply for work permit once you come to US only. Your attorney is 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Hi Special,

You can not apply for EAD while your are abroad. You can apply for work permit once you come to US only. Your attorney is 100% right.
    Ok. Thank you very much Scorpion. So after I'm in US does Ead still takes 60-90 days even after final approval

Quote Originally Posted by Special View Post
    Ok. Thank you very much Scorpion. So after I'm in US does Ead still takes 60-90 days even after final approval
    It will take its time for processing same as they say. 90 days or more.