Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: September 2014

  1. #1

    September 2014

    I filed September 23,2014. My case was transferred to nvc in December 2016 and finally heard back today through my attorney that they requested more info RFE. Don't know if this is good or bad but just giving some hope to those from the same month. I filed in CA. I was able to get county help in LA such as food stamp, cash aide and medical because of filing for uvisa.

  2. #2
    Good Evening

    Similar timeline, and I am also from SoCal.

    My case transferred to NSC in end of Nov.16, since then I have not heard anything yet. RFE is better than nothing, does USCIS notice you what documents are asking for? TBH I am worrying I would also get RFE because my current passport will be expired in coming month.

    Good luck everyone.
    U-VISA applied in late July of 2014
    USCIS received my case on 08-05-2014
    Biometric was taken in mid September of 2014

    A...L...O...N...G...T...I...M...E...W...A...I...T. ..I...N...G

    NSC Transfer 11-29-2016
    Deferred Action 04-20-2017
    DA EAD Application Received 05-08-2017
    DA EAD Transfer 07-27-2017

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    15
    Most likely they will if your passport expires before they approve you that's one of the reasons they requested RFE from me my passport.

  4. #4

    2014

    Quote Originally Posted by koir View Post
    Good Evening

    Similar timeline, and I am also from SoCal.

    My case transferred to NSC in end of Nov.16, since then I have not heard anything yet. RFE is better than nothing, does USCIS notice you what documents are asking for? TBH I am worrying I would also get RFE because my current passport will be expired in coming month.

    Good luck everyone.
    I don't have a valid passport. Also they are saying I file after the six month gap to submit the police certificate which in both case they are wrong because the certificate was give February 23 and I filed September 23 right on time. Also there was an approved waiver for not having a passport that was given as well. So we shall see.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy dearest View Post
    I filed September 23,2014. My case was transferred to nvc in December 2016 and finally heard back today through my attorney that they requested more info RFE. Don't know if this is good or bad but just giving some hope to those from the same month. I filed in CA. I was able to get county help in LA such as food stamp, cash aide and medical because of filing for uvisa.
    So they approved you for food stamps, medical and financial help without being approved?? Or having a SSN ?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iral View Post
    So they approved you for food stamps, medical and financial help without being approved?? Or having a SSN ?
    Yes. They paid for me to go to cna classes as well. My attorney sent a letter and I guess they help uvisa candidates. No ssn, no documents. Just me and my US born son.

  7. #7
    I believe in California, it is easier to have access to public benefits. In FL where I live, I don't believe that we have any access, based on what I've read. Only benefit is that you can apply for a FL driver's license while in process for DA. If anyone knows differently, please share. Thanks guys for being so informative. And thank you for the glimmer of hope, Mommy dearest. My application is late October 2014, but not was not transferred to Nebraska.

  8. #8
    I also filed on September 14',on November 16' I was transferred to Nebraska,I'm just waiting for response to RFE,it's been a couple of weeks since I send USCIS what they asked for,does anyone know how long it takes for them to reply? You get DA after that? according to other forums I should be able to get approval if they're ok with my case

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiting View Post
    I believe in California, it is easier to have access to public benefits. In FL where I live, I don't believe that we have any access, based on what I've read. Only benefit is that you can apply for a FL driver's license while in process for DA. If anyone knows differently, please share. Thanks guys for being so informative. And thank you for the glimmer of hope, Mommy dearest. My application is late October 2014, but not was not transferred to Nebraska.
    Thank you for the information.. I just moved to Florida a couple of weeks ago I got my license and I'm trying to see if here we can have some help like she did in California...
    I'm in DA and waiting for my work permit
    .

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iral View Post
    Thank you for the information.. I just moved to Florida a couple of weeks ago I got my license and I'm trying to see if here we can have some help like she did in California...
    I'm in DA and waiting for my work permit
    .

    Iral, these are some of the information I have read on the topic:

    https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/defau...nce_063011.pdf

    http://library.niwap.org/wp-content/...sfactsheet.pdf

    I do not currently need public assistance, so I haven't really researched it properly for Florida. But as you can see Florida doesn't seem to offer much except for maybe in-state tuition. But one would need to do additional information on that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •