Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: U visa cap increase

U visa cap increase

At the bottom of the site it says the petition was delivered to the US Senate, maybe this is why it's closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    At the bottom of the site it says the petition was delivered to the US Senate, maybe this is why it's closed.
    I have seen too many such petitions since 2014. Nothing has changed. Congress even not bother to look at it. Hope to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I have seen too many such petitions since 2014. Nothing has changed. Congress even not bother to look at it. Hope to change.
    Nobody cares if you don't have sizeable numbers. Many historic decisions made or reversed with petitions. Before we expect the authorities to hear us we have to ask ourselves are we made our voices heard louder? There are hundreds of thousands applicants who visit this forum thousands of times but nobody is bothered to sign the petition. only 250 of us out of hundred thousand applicants would not make it to Congress. Size does matter.
    Some members jump in with stupid excuses defending themselves for not bring part of it fearing identity disclosure. Your every detail including your biometrics are with them already. I have seen how the H4 visa Holders unified into a massive group fought for EAD through petitions and got it in 2015 for the first time in American immigration history. There's nothing wrong or illegal to petition our grievances to the government.

Calm down prince. Scorpian and I have signed it many times. Can you please give your timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    Nobody cares if you don't have sizeable numbers. Many historic decisions made or reversed with petitions. Before we expect the authorities to hear us we have to ask ourselves are we made our voices heard louder? There are hundreds of thousands applicants who visit this forum thousands of times but nobody is bothered to sign the petition. only 250 of us out of hundred thousand applicants would not make it to Congress. Size does matter.
    Some members jump in with stupid excuses defending themselves for not bring part of it fearing identity disclosure. Your every detail including your biometrics are with them already. I have seen how the H4 visa Holders unified into a massive group fought for EAD through petitions and got it in 2015 for the first time in American immigration history. There's nothing wrong or illegal to petition our grievances to the government.
    Hi Prince,

When you talk about H4 visa holders, they are all in well position. Look here us we are all victims of crimes, many are undocumented who even scare to come out and talk about it. Your point is right. But I there are many petitions ran by different organizations like ASISTA and many more. I have seen numbers like 25000 or more signed. Compare to U visa and H1/H4 visa this number stands pretty good. H4 visa holders are the one who come here as spouse of H1-B visa holders. Their number is way greater then us and far in well position.

Here U visa applicants are struggling to get even one time bread. How you suppose them to come out and do something like that. Congress needs to understand it the Humanitarian way. I, we all hope that changes soon with better options. Even I am against the 3 year rule of stay in order to get GC.

Good Luck

I know, Scorpion. I just answered the question of Bob regarding why petition is closed. BTW hope one day something will really change for the better. I don't know if will stand another 10 years without seeing my family.

Quote Originally Posted by nmhrk View Post
    Calm down prince. Scorpian and I have signed it many times. Can you please give your timeline?
    I know you and Scorpion have been actively involved and been very helpful to the forum.
    Btw, congratulations. I am very happy for you, at last after a long wait. May be I should also hear the good news soon. I am from October 09, 2014

Hi Prince,

When you talk about H4 visa holders, they are all in well position. Look here us we are all victims of crimes, many are undocumented who even scare to come out and talk about it. Your point is right. But I there are many petitions ran by different organizations like ASISTA and many more. I have seen numbers like 25000 or more signed. Compare to U visa and H1/H4 visa this number stands pretty good. H4 visa holders are the one who come here as spouse of H1-B visa holders. Their number is way greater then us and far in well position.

Here U visa applicants are struggling to get even one time bread. How you suppose them to come out and do something like that. Congress needs to understand it the Humanitarian way. I, we all hope that changes soon with better options. Even I am against the 3 year rule of stay in order to get GC.

Good Luck
    Hi, Scorpion, any news about your wife's consular processing? Is her interview scheduled? Did she have interview. Please update us, I am a January, 2016 applicant. Thank you so much, Scorpion!!!! ))))))

Quote Originally Posted by January2016 View Post
    Hi, Scorpion, any news about your wife's consular processing? Is her interview scheduled? Did she have interview. Please update us, I am a January, 2016 applicant. Thank you so much, Scorpion!!!! ))))))
    Hi,

My wife`s consular processing is in process as it takes little time. I have to wait until PIMS updates my and her record. This is the system which is used by all the consulates using outside USA. This take 30-60 days. Once it is updated my attorney will receive an email from them. Than I will take the interview date. If I take interview date before that than there are chances that the consular officer might ask to wait for that. And also I have to send some documents to her as well.

So, yes process is started but will take some time. I don`t want to take any chances.