Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: U Visa Deferred Action Approved. Passport Renewal

U Visa Deferred Action Approved. Passport Renewal

Hello Guys ,
    I have Applied on June 24-2014 and my Deferred Action approved on End of the October 2016. Since than I am Waiting for EAD card Approval.. Its been 5 months.... So many calls to Vermont service center, 1 Info pass visit to local Immigration Filed office. Immigration Attorney send emails to Vermont service center but not positive reply from VSC. In Florida without EAD you can not renew Id. 5 months jobless .. frustrated even though Deferred action approved.

Also Now I am facing another Issue. If any Indian guys has knowledge or not.... On U visa or on U visa Deferred action status , Indian Embassy will not renew your passport. I have my wife and daughter's passports are expiring this month and mine 6 month after , I have contacted CKGS, they Denied to take application , advised me to contact Indian Embassy in Atlanta. If they give permission than only they will take Passport renewal application. I contacted Atlanta Embassy , emailed. Found that they says U visa falls under Asylum Category so they Can't renew Indian passport. So I do not have EAD card, Nor renewal of State Id or Not Renewal of Indian Passport. So what will I present to authority when they required to submit current photo identification?

So now we all who are approved under U visa or Deferred Action status EAD C(14) category won't get their renewal of passport until we gets green card I think... Unless Indian Authority changes the decisions. So what nationality of Ours ? neither we have US Passport nor we going to get Indian passport renewal. So 3-4 years on deferred action + 4 years on U visa so Approx 10 years will take to get renewal of Indian Passport???

If anyone who renewed their passport on U deferred action status or U visa approval... Please guide me how they renewed their Passport.. Please

Keep hope , this month I receive a EAD that took them 6 months to process based in a DA aplication , so if you go by comparison to my experience your EAD will come very shortly .

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    Keep hope , this month I receive a EAD that took them 6 months to process based in a DA aplication , so if you go by comparison to my experience your EAD will come very shortly .
    Thank you Dear..... when will your DA approved? If you don't mind to share your Time Line?
    Also Did you check with your passport expiration date?

I think once u receive ur EAD u will be able to renew ur passport. Because in the passport application they do ask u for the EAD number to confirm if u have legal status. And since u have DA u do have legal status. So wait until u get ur EAD and try to apply for passport renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Thank you Dear..... when will your DA approved? If you don't mind to share your Time Line?
    Also Did you check with your passport expiration date?
    I'm not from India , but faced the same request , thanks God my country didn't give a hard time getting a new one .
    The EAD was for a derivative , the aplication for was summited in Sep and receive the card in March .
    I apply for U visa back in Feb of 2014 and got DA in Oct 2015

Dear... U visa Category A(19) And deferred action category C(14) category is not eligible for renewal of Indian Passport.... I have confirmed with CKGS and Indian embassy at Atlanta. Only Deferred Action category is eligible for renewal of Indian Passport is deferred action status C(33). And On Deferred Action based on U category is C (14) which is written on EAD card.

Id renewal

Hello Guys ,
    I have Applied on June 24-2014 and my Deferred Action approved on End of the October 2016. Since than I am Waiting for EAD card Approval.. Its been 5 months.... So many calls to Vermont service center, 1 Info pass visit to local Immigration Filed office. Immigration Attorney send emails to Vermont service center but not positive reply from VSC. In Florida without EAD you can not renew Id. 5 months jobless .. frustrated even though Deferred action approved.

Also Now I am facing another Issue. If any Indian guys has knowledge or not.... On U visa or on U visa Deferred action status , Indian Embassy will not renew your passport. I have my wife and daughter's passports are expiring this month and mine 6 month after , I have contacted CKGS, they Denied to take application , advised me to contact Indian Embassy in Atlanta. If they give permission than only they will take Passport renewal application. I contacted Atlanta Embassy , emailed. Found that they says U visa falls under Asylum Category so they Can't renew Indian passport. So I do not have EAD card, Nor renewal of State Id or Not Renewal of Indian Passport. So what will I present to authority when they required to submit current photo identification?

So now we all who are approved under U visa or Deferred Action status EAD C(14) category won't get their renewal of passport until we gets green card I think... Unless Indian Authority changes the decisions. So what nationality of Ours ? neither we have US Passport nor we going to get Indian passport renewal. So 3-4 years on deferred action + 4 years on U visa so Approx 10 years will take to get renewal of Indian Passport???

If anyone who renewed their passport on U deferred action status or U visa approval... Please guide me how they renewed their Passport.. Please
    What ID you couldnt renew ?

Dear... U visa Category A(19) And deferred action category C(14) category is not eligible for renewal of Indian Passport.... I have confirmed with CKGS and Indian embassy at Atlanta. Only Deferred Action category is eligible for renewal of Indian Passport is deferred action status C(33). And On Deferred Action based on U category is C (14) which is written on EAD card.
    @Carlos you are not clear to me on DA C(14)
    Please explain if one can renew passport under that circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    What ID you couldnt renew ?
    With out EAD card, In Florida you can not renew State ID or Driver license.

With out EAD card, In Florida you can not renew State ID or Driver license.
    It's a strange situation even I need to worry about as my passport will expire next year and I haven't received even DA as yet despite applying in October 2014.

Sometimes indian government acts so absurd. While they are simplifying procedures for obtaining passport in India very easier, they are making it difficult for Indians abroad. Basically they need overseas legal status and residence proof to renew the passport, what they have to do with type of visa we have I don't understand .
    U visa doesn't come under asylum or refugee category though it is humanitarian based special non immigrant visa. Refugee or asylum seekers get Green card with out having to be granted DA or be in a certain visa for 3 years before AOS. Many home embassies and consulates have no detailed knowledge of this visa program like many of us came to know about it late. I have applied after 2 years of the incident otherwise I would have been applying for AOS next year. We will keep looking for resolution of this issue. It's a big concern for embassy also, many will come for renewal in this situation.
    We will keep exchanging informations.and developments in this issue..lets hope and pray everything is going to be fine with everyone of us