Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: U Visa & School - Can we attend college while we await DA?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19

    U Visa & School - Can we attend college while we await DA?

    Can we attend college while we await DA?

  2. #2
    Absolutely i did it and I have no status yet;probably you won't qualify for student aid but sure thing you can do it.You must have a GED diploma,I had the compass test several months ago and I did pretty good on writing and reading but math,my advice is not to hurry up because whenever you answer wrong a question next one will be easier but they'll give you less score;so rock on!!!

  3. #3

    Help me!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabalin05 View Post
    Absolutely i did it and I have no status yet;probably you won't qualify for student aid but sure thing you can do it.You must have a GED diploma,I had the compass test several months ago and I did pretty good on writing and reading but math,my advice is not to hurry up because whenever you answer wrong a question next one will be easier but they'll give you less score;so rock on!!!
    I completed high school. Waiting for DA .. For long time. Currently we have F1 student status. Without the status.. Can I attend school? How much is the tuition fee will be?

  4. #4
    I became a nurse while waiting..... no financial aid but that wasn't a problem. I worked hard to put myself through school!!!!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sated2003 View Post
    I became a nurse while waiting..... no financial aid but that wasn't a problem. I worked hard to put myself through school!!!!
    Sated2003 Congratualtions! you should be proud! Did you let the school or dean know that you was waiting for your petition to be approved?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sated2003 View Post
    I became a nurse while waiting..... no financial aid but that wasn't a problem. I worked hard to put myself through school!!!!
    How long ago did you do this because,I have to wait on at least DA to be in the nursing program.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    How long ago did you do this because,I have to wait on at least DA to be in the nursing program.
    Shelly have you completed nursing prerequisites?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooj View Post
    Shelly have you completed nursing prerequisites?
    Almost finished,why do you ask?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Almost finished,why do you ask?
    I do want to do my bsn also. why do you say you need DA to get into nursing program?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooj View Post
    I do want to do my bsn also. why do you say you need DA to get into nursing program?
    What state are you in,the community college I go to requires it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •