Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 209

Thread: U-VISA : Has anyone renewed their DA EAD?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by csharam.uc View Post
    Thanks for quick reply. By just taking a quick look how do you e-request for i-765 ? I see all other applications listed but not the EAD. Or did you call the 800 number. How long you had to wait before they replied. Thanks
    Below is the link where you can submit the inquiry.

    https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do

    I did e-request as well as my attorney tried to call them for the update. But they are not giving any specific answer on phone. I will see what they have sent in mail once comes. They take up to 15-20 days to reply on the e-request. If it comes quick than you can assume that they will say they are working on the cases which is their basic reply. We can`t do anything to pace them to work on our cases. They will do what they want to do. No one can change that.

  2. #12
    U visa application reached uscis : Feb 7 2014
    Fingerprints : March 2014
    DA Approved : March 2015
    Applied for EAD based on DA : November 7 2016

    The case status for EAD is still
    " case has received " .

    Please let me know what can I do?

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Below is the link where you can submit the inquiry.

    https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do

    I did e-request as well as my attorney tried to call them for the update. But they are not giving any specific answer on phone. I will see what they have sent in mail once comes. They take up to 15-20 days to reply on the e-request. If it comes quick than you can assume that they will say they are working on the cases which is their basic reply. We can`t do anything to pace them to work on our cases. They will do what they want to do. No one can change that.
    Scorpion thanks for the link.But I dont see i765 form to select in the drop down.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by reddy View Post
    U visa application reached uscis : Feb 7 2014
    Fingerprints : March 2014
    DA Approved : March 2015
    Applied for EAD based on DA : November 7 2016

    The case status for EAD is still
    " case has received " .

    Please let me know what can I do?
    Hi. Under what category did you apply EAD based on your DA. Thanks

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by csharam.uc View Post
    Hi. Under what category did you apply EAD based on your DA. Thanks
    I have applied under c14 .

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    183
    Thanks for the link. I've checked this link and it is the same link I was looking at before. I was able to locate i-765 as a form under missing documents but not under case outside normal time frame. I'm glad you and other people are sharing info and passing out good advice. USCIS is so unorganized when it comes to u-visa that I'm moving to Washington state just so I can get a driving license. All we can do is wait patiently. Could you also share under which category did you file the EAD renewal? My attorney is suggesting me to reapply a new EAD with a19 category.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    183
    Hi thanks for sharing your timeline. So is this the first time you are applying for EAD based on DA or you are applying for renewal? Hopefully you get approved soon because look like you applied before all of us here on this forum.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by csharam.uc View Post
    Hi thanks for sharing your timeline. So is this the first time you are applying for EAD based on DA or you are applying for renewal? Hopefully you get approved soon because look like you applied before all of us here on this forum.
    This is the first time I have applied.

    My lawyer has started an inquiry she sent out a letter to vsc .It might take 2 weeks to a month to get back the reply.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by reddy View Post
    U visa application reached uscis : Feb 7 2014
    Fingerprints : March 2014
    DA Approved : March 2015
    Applied for EAD based on DA : November 7 2016

    The case status for EAD is still
    " case has received " .

    Please let me know what can I do?
    The only thing you can do is wait and have patience , it is taking 6 months right now for the EAD to be processed , sent and be received judging from my experience . If you are enrolled in notifications by the USCIS web site , you will receive the updates . First when they authorize the EAD and order the production of the card and then when is actually mailed to you .

  10. #20
    I sent renewal application December 27, 2016 n got notice my card was on its way March 18, 2017!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •