Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deportations

Deportations

I recently applied for a U Visa and seeing all these raids on the news lately is really freaking me out. Is it possible to get deported while waiting for a u visa? Like I said, I just applied a couple of months ago so I have not even been placed on DA yet.

Any thoughts?

It's going to take you years to get placed on a DA. 2017 applicants maybe 3-4 years just for approval or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Numericcash View Post
    It's going to take you years to get placed on a DA. 2017 applicants maybe 3-4 years just for approval or not.
    I talked to my lawyer he said if you
    Confront with ICE just show them your receipt they can't deport me.

Thank you...
    Good to know

No one can get deported if their case is pending with USCIS unless involved in any sever crime. If you are driving, than be most careful for any ticket. DUI is the most offensive crime and can lead to deportation immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    No one can get deported if their case is pending with USCIS unless involved in any sever crime. If you are driving, than be most careful for any ticket. DUI is the most offensive crime and can lead to deportation immediately.
    What if someone is working without EAD / SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post
    What if someone is working without EAD / SS?
    Well working without authorization is illegal but its not severe offence as USCIS understands that one needs to support him/her self. But if you are on F1 or any other status where working without authorization is not allowed, in those cases that can be a reason for deportation. But if you apply for U visa, suppose someone is on F1 and working illegally at gas-station and he becomes victim of Armed robbery which is a qualified crime for U visa and he/her applies for U visa under that crime than he/her needs to declare illegal working. In this case he needs to file separate penalty which is around 500$. Generally USCIS forgives that.

Thanks

Well working without authorization is illegal but its not severe offence as USCIS understands that one needs to support him/her self. But if you are on F1 or any other status where working without authorization is not allowed, in those cases that can be a reason for deportation. But if you apply for U visa, suppose someone is on F1 and working illegally at gas-station and he becomes victim of Armed robbery which is a qualified crime for U visa and he/her applies for U visa under that crime than he/her needs to declare illegal working. In this case he needs to file separate penalty which is around 500$. Generally USCIS forgives that.

Thanks
    Hello all

Firstly, i don't know if i am posting this in the right thread.I applied my U VISA on july 11th 2014 biometrics on sep 5th 2014.I received a email from my lawyer on feb 11th 2017 that i was put on waiting list(DA).Waited 31 months Will i get my actual U VISA this fiscal year?

Quote Originally Posted by NKU View Post
    Hello all

Firstly, i don't know if i am posting this in the right thread.I applied my U VISA on july 11th 2014 biometrics on sep 5th 2014.I received a email from my lawyer on feb 11th 2017 that i was put on waiting list(DA).Waited 31 months Will i get my actual U VISA this fiscal year?
    Hi NKU,

Please post your question on the thread of "
    U Visa Status..Fiscal 2017".
    Its good you got DA. Now you can work while you wait for the U visa. About this Fiscal Year, I guess Up to FEB 2014 will cover in this Fiscal year. I think you need to wait for next year cap.

Thanks.

Hi NKU,

Please post your question on the thread of "
    U Visa Status..Fiscal 2017".
    Its good you got DA. Now you can work while you wait for the U visa. About this Fiscal Year, I guess Up to FEB 2014 will cover in this Fiscal year. I think you need to wait for next year cap.

Thanks.
    HI scorpion

On which basis Uscis approves final U visa because i applied in july and some of august applicants got DA before me so does Uscis gives U visa for july applicants as they are first or for august applicants as they got DA first? And why only Jan,feb applicants will get U visa this fiscal year 2017.Sorry for so many doubts