Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: U visa applicants without a DA yet can obtain a Driver's license in Florida

Has anyone tried in New York?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    May be in some states I tried in Texas they said big No to me answer was cannot do anything if the paper work is in process I told them about Florida they said every state have different laws and this is today
    Did they ask you for a work permit? Did you show your application receipt and suplement B?
    Florida is one of the strictest States about driver's licenses.
    I applied first, then my husband (my husband is the victim of a crime). Our attorney told us that some of his customers obtained their driver's licenses already. When I went to one of the DMV locations, and after scrutinizing our papers the clerk told us that we were the third case that she's seen and all of the sudden she was soooo excited and started to show and explain everybody (co-workers) about this type of cases. We went to a different location (my husband's written test), they were a little confused, but they allowed him to do it. They scanned all the papers and send them to Tallahassee, so they can check our "legal presense", and they send ,after 60 days (mine) and 45 days (my husband's), our Valid Florida driver's license (for 1 year).
    Maybe each state has different rules.
    Last edited by maviba; 11-17-2016 at 07:29 AM.

Congratulations. That's nice to know and it's interesting that you can get a DL in Florida. I applied for a DL in December 2015. DMV requested a DA letter and my application was denied. I live in Louisiana. If there is an immigration newsletter/update about this case that I can get online, please let me know. My DL was expired in May 2015. From my experience, in Louisiana, it's relatively difficult to get a DL.

If anyone try to obtain Driving Licence in Illinois, please write. I didnt filled out my I765, my lawyer told me i need to wait Differed action letter first and then i can apply for EAD, so I will try without that paper, showing them only Suppliment B and Fingerprints letter.
    That is so good news for share, thank you

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/aila/acceptabledocuments.pdf

its legal to get driving license in florida for one year with any pending case with uscis.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/aila/acceptabledocuments.pdf

people with pending u visa cases or any other pending cases can get driver license, you dont need deffered action to get driving license in florida.

I don't have DA yet either. Applied Oct 2014 and still waiting. I went to the DMV in FL and they processed my application for a state ID. I am now waiting for Tallahassee to mail me the card. Like others have said, do the research on your state to see what documents they require.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamz2014 View Post
    I don't have DA yet either. Applied Oct 2014 and still waiting. I went to the DMV in FL and they processed my application for a state ID. I am now waiting for Tallahassee to mail me the card. Like others have said, do the research on your state to see what documents they require.
    Tamz2014, so you are saying, in FL, the DMV will issue a driver's license to U Visa applicants? What was the process please? And what documents do they require? I also applied for U Visa in October 2014 in FL, fingerprints in November 2014. No DA as yet... Still waiting like everyone (sigh)...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamz2014 View Post
    Tamz2014, can please let me know what the process was regarding the DMV in FL and what specific documents that they required or you presented? I also applied for u visa in October 2014 in FL, fingerprints done in November 2014.... No DA as yet and still waiting like everyone else (sign).....

Sorry about the double message, did not realize that my first message had posted... just started using this forum today... so getting used to how this site works when posting messages...