Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: U visa applicants without a DA yet can obtain a Driver's license in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Nipuriya View Post
    Maviba when did you apply? Did you contact with your attorney recently? Why they are not issuing DA? My attorney is on vacation. I couldn't contact with her for a while. When I can assume to get a DA. Any ideas?
    My husband applied on June 3rd 2014.
    I contacted my attorney, our case is still at the Vermont center (Uscis answered) it's still under review, no RFE, no DA yet. Some cases were (from June-August 2014) transferred to Nebraska, but ours was not transferred. I see those cases moving faster.
    I'm hoping they will process more cases this year because now two offices are working (Vermont and Nebraska) on U-visas cases.

?

Quote Originally Posted by maviba View Post
    My husband applied on June 3rd 2014.
    I contacted my attorney, our case is still at the Vermont center (Uscis answered) it's still under review, no RFE, no DA yet. Some cases were (from June-August 2014) transferred to Nebraska, but ours was not transferred. I see those cases moving faster.
    I'm hoping they will process more cases this year because now two offices are working (Vermont and Nebraska) on U-visas cases.
    My friend, do you think that could be a reason to have your driving license bcz your receipt number is 3rd June,2014?And it already passed that date on the Uscis website.
    Have you seen any other person like your case?
    Thank you for helping us.

Maviba, can you please email me: mauricioalves19@gmail.com

Hi maviba, what is supplement B and A? Thanks

hi maviba
    can you give me your email .

Quote Originally Posted by Nipuriya View Post
    My friend, do you think that could be a reason to have your driving license bcz your receipt number is 3rd June,2014?And it already passed that date on the Uscis website.
    Have you seen any other person like your case?
    Thank you for helping us.
    I don't know. My status hasn't changed. I'm not under a DA, so I guess it doesn't matter when you applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Hens_chang View Post
    Hi maviba, what is supplement B and A? Thanks
    I had to show form I-198 suplement A, because that's the form to apply for a qualifying family member (me). And form I-198 B (the U noninmigrant status certification, signed by the law enforcement).
    If you don't have a copy of them (if you are a principal, you only need to show suplement B), ask your attorney to give them to you.

Working permit

Quote Originally Posted by maviba View Post
    I had to show form I-198 suplement A, because that's the form to apply for a qualifying family member (me). And form I-198 B (the U noninmigrant status certification, signed by the law enforcement).
    If you don't have a copy of them (if you are a principal, you only need to show suplement B), ask your attorney to give them to you.
    I didn't know that we can have driver license w/o having working permit.
    Just to be sure. You don't have working permit yet, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hens_chang View Post
    I didn't know that we can have driver license w/o having working permit.
    Just to be sure. You don't have working permit yet, do you?
    I didn't know neither, it's something new our attorney told us. But remember: every State could be different.
    No, I don't have a permit yet.

May be in some states I tried in Texas they said big No to me answer was cannot do anything if the paper work is in process I told them about Florida they said every state have different laws and this is today