Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 145

Thread: U visa applicants without a DA yet can obtain a Driver's license in Florida

  1. #131
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    38
    Nothing. I am waiting already 72 days.
    Did you get it yet? You are waiting from 27 Sept?

  2. #132
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19
    My status is the same with yours, I’m still waiting

  3. #133
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    38
    After many times visiting DL office, couple days ago I told them I called Tallahassee office and they told me USCIS already verified my case and manager supposed give call Tallahassee office and check.
    So manager gave them a call and they said thry will send me DL in couple weeks. Now my status is changed. They mailed and printed DL so i am waiting now.

  4. #134
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Orlando, L
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by madafaka View Post
    After many times visiting DL office, couple days ago I told them I called Tallahassee office and they told me USCIS already verified my case and manager supposed give call Tallahassee office and check.
    So manager gave them a call and they said thry will send me DL in couple weeks. Now my status is changed. They mailed and printed DL so i am waiting now.
    It happened the same to me. I applied on July and I didn't get anything in 60 days, so I went to the DL office and the gave me another 30 days. After a week I started calling Tallahassee to question them about the delay, their answer was: "your license is in the printing process, you will receive it in a week...". After a week no DL, I called again...same answer! When I receive it I discover that I was approved on the 7/27/2018, a day after I went for the renewal!! Bottom line they make me wait 3 months, waste time to go back and forth to the DL office and least two hours on holds phone calls to reach the Tallahassee office, just to get a DL who I was approved for a day after I applied for!! they do all it's in their power to make our life miserable!!

  5. #135
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19
    I was able to verify my DL case in SAVE, is that mean the manger at the Dl office can solve my case?

  6. #136
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19
    Can I have Tallahassee number please

  7. #137
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    38
    This is the number (850)617-2000
    I have also been verified day after I applied for DL.
    The lady from DL office told me there is separate office at Tallahassee just for immigrants and they dont know what they doing. It's messy.
    You have to go to DL office 10 time because not all of them know what is U visa. Couple times they even did not wanted to talk with me, they said we will not send you DL untill USICS give you work permit. They are not that informed. You have to be lucky

    @michaela
    What was your DL status when they told you your licence is in printing process? After how many days you received it from time they send it to you?
    Last edited by madafaka; 01-13-2019 at 12:04 PM.

  8. #138
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by madafaka View Post
    Nothing. I am waiting already 72 days.
    Did you get it yet? You are waiting from 27 Sept?

    Hi madafaka,
    Have you receive your DL by now?
    I applied on 9/11/18, at first I received a paper printout and in less than 2 weeks i received my actual DL in the mail valid for 1 year.
    I live in Florida as well.

  9. #139
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Orlando, L
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by madafaka View Post
    This is the number (850)617-2000
    I have also been verified day after I applied for DL.
    The lady from DL office told me there is separate office at Tallahassee just for immigrants and they dont know what they doing. It's messy.
    You have to go to DL office 10 time because not all of them know what is U visa. Couple times they even did not wanted to talk with me, they said we will not send you DL untill USICS give you work permit. They are not that informed. You have to be lucky

    @michaela
    What was your DL status when they told you your licence is in printing process? After how many days you received it from time they send it to you?
    It was "you have to apply in person....", and it was over 60 days from the application day. I received the DL after I call a second time and almost 20 days later!

  10. #140
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    20

    Florida Drivers License

    Quote Originally Posted by maviba View Post
    I wanted to share that I was able to obtain a temporary Florida's driver license (I drove with a paper for almost a month and a half, last week I received the Driver's license "card" on the mail, and is valid for one year)
    My husband will receive his in a few days. If you have questions let me know. Please find out in your own states. We had to show our passports, our marriage certificate, copy of suplement B, copy of suplement A, a copy of our EAD application, uscis receipt application, and our biometrics letters. They are starting to do this. Everytime we got to the DMV, they scrutinized every single paper since they don't see these cases very often. But it's possible. So if you did not get your DA yet, at least you can obtain a temporary driver license.
    Are you sure it's not a Driving Privilege card good for 1 year. The reason I ask is because here in Utah. Everyone that doesn't have legal status in the U.S. can obtain a Driver's License but it has a seal PRIVILEGE on it and it has to be renewed every year

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •