Thread: RFE for visa - January 2016

RFE for visa - January 2016

My dates are January 2016 from Vermont. I received a notification that an RFE was sent out on 9/4/20. The RFE is asking for a copy of my visa entering into the U.S. legally. This is a hard one, the reason I applied for U Visa in the first place is because I lost my original visa along with my passport. If I still had my visa, I wouldn't apply for U Visa in the first place. Has anyone got this RFE before? Appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx321 View Post
    My dates are January 2016 from Vermont. I received a notification that an RFE was sent out on 9/4/20. The RFE is asking for a copy of my visa entering into the U.S. legally. This is a hard one, the reason I applied for U Visa in the first place is because I lost my original visa along with my passport. If I still had my visa, I wouldn't apply for U Visa in the first place. Has anyone got this RFE before? Appreciated. Thank you!
    You can go to U.S Embassy or consulate by person to get the copy of your visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...olice%20report.

[QUOTE=Virus;16065]You can go to U.S Embassy or consulate by person to get the copy of your visa.

Hey Virus what happened to your case?

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx321 View Post
    I believe you must had had the section filled while filling for the U visa application. That's why the RFE. I am not sure if this is relevant to u but any extra information can be useful. As I am in F1 student status, while renewing my I20 or my driving license. They always ask for I94. I-94 is a place for U.S. visitors to find travel records. you can go online and download the records if you have entered the US legally. Hope this helps

[QUOTE=AAli;16066]
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    You can go to U.S Embassy or consulate by person to get the copy of your visa.

Hey Virus what happened to your case?
    i applied on 29th august 2017.. so obviously have to wait 4 more years approx.