Thread: U visa approved outside/work permit

U visa approved outside/work permit

Hi everyone,

I’m currently staying outside of the US and my application was approved. The letter says “I should send the copy of letter to the uscis to receive employment Authorization upon arrival to the US” do you have any idea about how long it would take? There is no way I can apply for work permit before entering in, can I?

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by ozimax View Post
    Hi everyone,

I’m currently staying outside of the US and my application was approved. The letter says “I should send the copy of letter to the uscis to receive employment Authorization upon arrival to the US” do you have any idea about how long it would take? There is no way I can apply for work permit before entering in, can I?

Thank you,
    You cannot apply for work permit from outside but you U visa stamped on your passport will allow you to start working once you enter US

Hi ozimax.
    Can you please share your timeline, experience and steps you follow from outside the US. I´m planing to return to my country but I´m not sure how difficult it is to comply from outside.
    Thank you.

Iam outside USA too

Quote Originally Posted by ozimax View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thank you,
    I filled U visa on December 2015, transferred to Nebraska on October 2018,
    I travelled to my home country, Egypt, in June 2016, but my attorney is following up with the case. Today, my attorney told me he got a letter saying that he will receive EAD card soon and that my application met the U visa requirement and that it is a matter of time to get the visa as this fiscal year has reached maximum approval already. He got I-765 form as well to be filled by me for work authorisation.
    So, I would like to ask you, have u filled that form, I-765?
    How did u apply to the embassy? What is the procedures? Was it easy?
    Can u share with us your experience?
    Which state do u plan to go to, and why? We can be friends if you would like, and meet in US
    Thank you so much ,
    Sincerely ,
    Shimaa Shehata

Quote Originally Posted by ShimaaShehata View Post
    I filled U visa on December 2015, transferred to Nebraska on October 2018,
    I travelled to my home country, Egypt, in June 2016, but my attorney is following up with the case. Today, my attorney told me he got a letter saying that he will receive EAD card soon and that my application met the U visa requirement and that it is a matter of time to get the visa as this fiscal year has reached maximum approval already. He got I-765 form as well to be filled by me for work authorisation.
    So, I would like to ask you, have u filled that form, I-765?
    How did u apply to the embassy? What is the procedures? Was it easy?
    Can u share with us your experience?
    Which state do u plan to go to, and why? We can be friends if you would like, and meet in US
    Thank you so much ,
    Sincerely ,
    Shimaa Shehata
    You will not get and EAD under deferred action. Only applicants in USA gets EAD for deferred action. There is nothing you need to do at this point.

You must wait for your U visa to be approved and than apply for a Visa at the consulate to return to the US.