Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my case strong?

Is my case strong?

I got an armed robbed more than 10 years ago. Three robber hit my face, and aimed gun at my head and threat to kill me if I resist. It was happened in the California.Does my case is strong? I saw many case with armed robbery was denied from getting an U visa. Even I keep consult to my lawyer, she keeps said I should wait. I am really worried about my case being approved.
    Attached Images Attached Images

These details are not enogh to judge your case. To be eligible you must have called law enforcement. You also have suffered mentally or physically by this incident and after that you have to have supplementary B form signed by chief police department. There are many basic requirements which you need to find out first then you can decide if your case is strong or not.
    Good luck.

Did you cooperate with the law-enforcement? Did you report the crime? If so, what were the charges? How serious were the injuries? Were you hit once in the face? Were you beaten multiple times and left with serious injuries? Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by ecuagirl View Post
    Did you cooperate with the law-enforcement? Did you report the crime? If so, what were the charges? How serious were the injuries? Were you hit once in the face? Were you beaten multiple times and left with serious injuries? Please clarify.
    On police report it was reported as robbery. It was armed robbery. I already applied with U visa, at 2018 March. It was described as bodily Force on the police report. I did everything with the lawyer, including police report with certification. I believe I did everything right. Although, I am not sure about my case now. It was armed robbery. I was hit face and threatened with a gun. But is it count as felony? It was happened at 2008. And on police report, it was written that I had no complain about injury. Although, I found I have a type 2 diabetes at 2018. I saw some cases rejected, for assault with fist or point gun and robbed. ( armed robbery). Anybody know case like me?

After reading many cases for robbery getting rejected, I got worried about my case and I did consult with my lawyer. But she didn't give me clear answer for my case.

What state did the crime happened? It really depends on the Supplement B certification and the penal code investigated. My father was a victim of robbery and he reported he was punched to the head and body multiples times. On the certification, the police wrote attempted murder because he was punched on the head and that is considered a felony and attempted murder. He did not get medical assistance but went to therapy for several sessions. His U visa date is December 2015 so we'll be hearing news soon. It depends a lot on how the qualifying crime was classified and that you suffered substantial harm.

I see. It has happened in California. But, in report it was just described as just robbery with using a gun.

If you did not report injuries, you'll need to proof substantial emotional harm. Your personal statement is also very crucial in outlining the crime.

And my lawyer keeps saying the case about based on federal law, not state law, but after keep researching internet, I even found some pdf files from homeland security that they also count state law too. And I found least 5 case with state about state law too.

I've seen several armed robbery cases be approved as well as many others be denied. If you do get a RFE to prove that you were victim of a qualifying crime, your lawyer will use case law to make that argument. Until then, just wait patiently and have faith that everything will go well.