Thread: U-Visa Receipts (I-797C).

U-Visa Receipts (I-797C).

Hello Everyone, I have a question regarding the form I-797C Notice of action receipts, which I had received after I had applied for U-visa. My application date for I-918 (U-Visa), I-765, and I-192 (Advance Payroll), which my lawyer asked me to apply all together back in 2017 are below.

Received Date: March 07 2017
    Notice Date: March 22 2017
    Fingerprint Completed : June 27 2017

Back in April 2017, I had received separate I-797C for all three I-918, I-765, and I-192. After fingerprint was taken in 2017, there was no updates or request for evidence or nothing like that until Jan 2020. Last week, I have received exactly the same receipts for all three I-918, I-765, and I-192 with received date of March 7th 2017, but this time with Notice Date Jan 03 2020. I have never requested for copy of my receipts since I have applied and even new receipts doesn't say duplicate I-797C. I asked my lawyer and sent him a copy to find out whats going on with my case, but he said it never happened to anyone he had applied for. My Lawyer said, he will try to find out with USCIS, but so far I haven't heard anything from him, but I wanted to see if anyone on this forum went through similar situation. Since I had applied in 2017 I have requested no change to my original application as all my information, e.g. my full name and all my other information was already correct. I request, if anyone in this forum has any idea or know what needs to be done, please reply and write to me.

Thank You Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nakul View Post
    Hello Everyone, I have a question regarding the form I-797C Notice of action receipts, which I had received after I had applied for U-visa. My application date for I-918 (U-Visa), I-765, and I-192 (Advance Payroll), which my lawyer asked me to apply all together back in 2017 are below.

Received Date: March 07 2017
    Notice Date: March 22 2017
    Fingerprint Completed : June 27 2017

Back in April 2017, I had received separate I-797C for all three I-918, I-765, and I-192. After fingerprint was taken in 2017, there was no updates or request for evidence or nothing like that until Jan 2020. Last week, I have received exactly the same receipts for all three I-918, I-765, and I-192 with received date of March 7th 2017, but this time with Notice Date Jan 03 2020. I have never requested for copy of my receipts since I have applied and even new receipts doesn't say duplicate I-797C. I asked my lawyer and sent him a copy to find out whats going on with my case, but he said it never happened to anyone he had applied for. My Lawyer said, he will try to find out with USCIS, but so far I haven't heard anything from him, but I wanted to see if anyone on this forum went through similar situation. Since I had applied in 2017 I have requested no change to my original application as all my information, e.g. my full name and all my other information was already correct. I request, if anyone in this forum has any idea or know what needs to be done, please reply and write to me.

Thank You Everyone.
    hi Nakul
    i think your case transfer VSC TO NSC that's y you get the another I-797c.

Check the transfer center on your receipts. It's a good sign. I think they started working on your actual visa approval.

Hi, KING

Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    hi Nakul
    i think your case transfer VSC TO NSC that's y you get the another I-797c.
    Actually on the new i-797C the address or where it came from is Vermont Service Center. It doesn't mention anything about NSC on the new receipts.

Alis121

Quote Originally Posted by Alis121 View Post
    Check the transfer center on your receipts. It's a good sign. I think they started working on your actual visa approval.
    Hi, Alis121.

I don't see anywhere on new receipts mentioning about transferring to NSC. My old I797C and new i797c both says Vermont Service Center. I really hope they started working on my case for visa approval, but I guess its wait and watch game.

There is always reason for stuff like this. Its probably because they have started working on the case. GOOD LUCK!!! GOOD THINGS ARE COMING YOUR WAY