Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Need Help for Adjustment of status GC

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    20

    Need Help for Adjustment of status GC

    Hello All,

    my u visa was approved 3 years ago. NOW, I have to apply for my Green card in few months and i just learned that the police department no longer signs the certification for the u visa. so my question is

    Do I need to get a signature again for green card application. or will the original signature work when i had filled the original u visa? Please advice.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by cp0527 View Post
    Hello All,

    my u visa was approved 3 years ago. NOW, I have to apply for my Green card in few months and i just learned that the police department no longer signs the certification for the u visa. so my question is

    Do I need to get a signature again for green card application. or will the original signature work when i had filled the original u visa? Please advice.

    Thanks
    I think you need to ask a qualified immigration lawyer that question unfortunately. But if it helps the police department isn’t the only place to get the form signed. Try contacting them first to find out who the authorised person is or what other agencies are authorised to sign. Even if the department doesn’t do it anymore there should still be someone that does. But truly the best thing to do is get qualified legal advice ASAP.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    I think you need to ask a qualified immigration lawyer that question unfortunately. But if it helps the police department isn’t the only place to get the form signed. Try contacting them first to find out who the authorised person is or what other agencies are authorised to sign. Even if the department doesn’t do it anymore there should still be someone that does. But truly the best thing to do is get qualified legal advice ASAP.
    Was the person that committed the crime prosecuted? A district attorney can sign it also.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by cp0527 View Post
    Hello All,

    my u visa was approved 3 years ago. NOW, I have to apply for my Green card in few months and i just learned that the police department no longer signs the certification for the u visa. so my question is

    Do I need to get a signature again for green card application. or will the original signature work when i had filled the original u visa? Please advice.

    Thanks
    You do not need to reapply for certification if the case is already closed. If the case is still on going, then have district attorney DA office sign you the form. That shouldn't be a problem.
    I just applied for GC without the sig as my case is already closed. I hope this helps.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Alis121 View Post
    You do not need to reapply for certification if the case is already closed. If the case is still on going, then have district attorney DA office sign you the form. That shouldn't be a problem.
    I just applied for GC without the sig as my case is already closed. I hope this helps.
    The DA and Police dept will not sign Re certification because the criminal has not been caught. They will only sign it if he was Caught. but in my case he has not been caught. SO, will i still need to get it sign since my case is ongoing.

    please advice.
    Thank you.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    33
    No you do not. Whether the criminal is caught or not, you did your best to cooperate with law enforcement. That is why they initially signed the certification. When I applied for my green card, all I did was gave a written statement saying that I never have and never will refuse to help the law enforcement if ask. That's the only statement you need to give to fulfill the recertification requirement.
    I know many people who got approved without having a recertification on thier supplemental B.
    Just do whatever the requirements are and you shall be fine.
    Find every bill, get every tax return for the last 3 years to show your conti presence in the US, and ensure that your medical record isnt older than 60days at time of applying.

    Good luck,
    Let me know if there are any questions

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    33
    Is that case still on going? If yes, then give out a statement at the time of applying for green card and state that the case is still on going and you are and will always be cooperating with law enforcement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •