Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: When of the new fiscal year waitlisted DA begin receiving the U Status, Oct or Jan

  1. #1

    When of the new fiscal year waitlisted DA begin receiving the U Status, Oct or Jan

    What month of the new fiscal year, the people waitlisted with granted DA begin receiving the U Status, the very fist month Oct or Jan of the next calendar year?
    Last edited by immigrationForum1; 09-09-2019 at 01:07 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by immigrationForum1 View Post
    What month of the new fiscal year, the people waitlisted with granted DA begin receiving the U Status, the very fist month Oct or Jan of the next calendar year?
    They start giving visas from the beginning of October

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    They start giving visas from the beginning of October
    I read an article from a lawyer saying that even though they reviewed your case for DA, when the new fiscal year comes, they will review it one more time from the beginning and it will take another 4 months to actually give U, but this seems incorrect because I see also people getting U in October.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by immigrationForum1 View Post
    I read an article from a lawyer saying that even though they reviewed your case for DA, when the new fiscal year comes, they will review it one more time from the beginning and it will take another 4 months to actually give U, but this seems incorrect because I see also people getting U in October.
    Yes they always make another background check before giving U visa. It's a normal thing. But it doesn't mean they can't start giving visas in October

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    Yes they always make another background check before giving U visa. It's a normal thing. But it doesn't mean they can't start giving visas in October
    I don't understand how can they issue the U so fast if they need to do review the case again and do checks. If they start on Oct 1 this doesn't seem possible.
    The only way I can think of is that they actually start getting these cases earlier like in July and they actually work on them so they can issue the actual U in October. Otherwise it's not possible.

    I don't exactly understand how this works and why for example they give a DA in the fiscal year to someone and in a few months they give him U in the same fiscal year, it doesn't make sense, why not U right away.

    It seems that this message that they send to DA that there are no more U Visas for this fiscal year is not true, because after that message there are still people who keep receiving U many months after that in the same fiscal year.

    How many principals are on the wait list? Some lawyers say 7000 some say 30000?

    I also read that you can apply for GC on the 2 year and 9 months in U, instead of waiting the full 3 years, is that true?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by immigrationForum1 View Post
    I don't understand how can they issue the U so fast if they need to do review the case again and do checks. If they start on Oct 1 this doesn't seem possible.
    The only way I can think of is that they actually start getting these cases earlier like in July and they actually work on them so they can issue the actual U in October. Otherwise it's not possible.

    I don't exactly understand how this works and why for example they give a DA in the fiscal year to someone and in a few months they give him U in the same fiscal year, it doesn't make sense, why not U right away.

    It seems that this message that they send to DA that there are no more U Visas for this fiscal year is not true, because after that message there are still people who keep receiving U many months after that in the same fiscal year.

    How many principals are on the wait list? Some lawyers say 7000 some say 30000?

    I also read that you can apply for GC on the 2 year and 9 months in U, instead of waiting the full 3 years, is that true?
    You have a lot of questions that only Uscis know the answears 😂
    Seriously, October means only that new visas are available to take. Nobody know when they do another background check.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •