Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long people stay on DA before the actual U when they are placed on the wait list?

How long people stay on DA before the actual U when they are placed on the wait list?

How long people stay on DA before the actual U when they are placed on the wait list?

Quote Originally Posted by immigrationForum1 View Post
    I'm from Sept 2014, DA 2017, U Visa 2019.
    Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sept2014 View Post
    I'm from Sept 2014, DA 2017, U Visa 2019.
    Hope it helps.
    If you don't mind, could you indicate the month? Because we can only assume it could be almost 2 years or little over a year.

Thank you.
    U Visa application: 09/26/2017
    Biometrics: 11/08/2017

Quote Originally Posted by jhmw815 View Post
    If you don't mind, could you indicate the month? Because we can only assume it could be almost 2 years or little over a year.

Thank you.
    It all depend upon the filing date...Post your dates too
    U visa filed Sep-2015
    Notice date Sep-2015
    Bio Oct-2015
    No DA

http://www.splawforum.com/threads/18...rocessing-time

Quote Originally Posted by UVisaTrack View Post
    It all depend upon the filing date...
    That's true. It only depend on filing date, DA date doesn't matter. Because some people receive DA faster, some - later, so actual time for u visa after DA can vary from case to case. If they stopped working on u visas at January 2015 this f.year, then next 10.000 applicants from after Jan2015 can expect U visa next f.y. and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    That's true. It only depend on filing date, DA date doesn't matter. Because some people receive DA faster, some - later, so actual time for u visa after DA can vary from case to case. If they stopped working on u visas at January 2015 this f.year, then next 10.000 applicants from after Jan2015 can expect U visa next f.y. and so on.
    Nika, does that mean that they have stopped till Jan 2015 for this fiscal year? How do you know that?

Nika, does that mean that they have stopped till Jan 2015 for this fiscal year? How do you know that?
    I don't know this for sure. I can only predict it and my predictions are based on people posts here and on Facebook groups about receiving U visa. So last U visas I heard of was from January 2015 and few from February 2015. That's why I assume they might finished or almost finnished January2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    I don't know this for sure. I can only predict it and my predictions are based on people posts here and on Facebook groups about receiving U visa. So last U visas I heard of was from January 2015 and few from February 2015. That's why I assume they might finished or almost finnished January2015.
    Nika, the way I understand it is that they work on some kind of batches.
    First one is 10,000 U Visa approvals for let's say Oct 2014 to Feb 2015.
    Second one is DA approval for Mar 2015 to Jul 2015.

So next fiscal year people from that DA batch will receive the actual U.

Is that a correct overview?

Why some people wait more then a year in DA, many people receive U in just a few months and many people wait for 2 sometimes 3 years on DA?

Nika, the way I understand it is that they work on some kind of batches.
    First one is 10,000 U Visa approvals for let's say Oct 2014 to Feb 2015.
    Second one is DA approval for Mar 2015 to Jul 2015.

So next fiscal year people from that DA batch will receive the actual U.

Is that a correct overview?

Why some people wait more then a year in DA, many people receive U in just a few months and many people wait for 2 sometimes 3 years on DA?
    Why? This is very simple. Because it doesn't matter when you receive DA. DA date only depends on how fast USCIS is working on our cases. If one year they worked more, they gave more DAs. So someone could get DA faster, but still have to wait until next 10000 visas will be available. You can find U visa data set for every year, and see how much applications was pending when you applied for visa. In my case it was at least 50.000 applications before me. It means 5 years waiting for visa, and whenever I got DA, it will still be at least 5 years waiting for actual U visa. And remember, the sooner you get DA in this journey, the better for you. I can't explain it more clear.... hope it helps.

u visa application nov 20th 2014
    case transfer nov 2017

no d.a.

u visa approval and received 4 yrs ead with letter june 20th 2019

good luck and god bless you jay mataji