Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Requirements for the 801 Visa

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019

    Requirements for the 801 Visa

    First, the most obvious requirement for the 801 visas is for the applicant to be in a relationship, and the sponsoring partner must be a citizen of Australia, a permanent resident of Australia, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand. Additionally, you must be able to prove that both partners consent to the relationship, that it is genuine and ongoing, and that you live together (or you are only separated on a temporary basis.) Many couples are pleased to hear that it isn’t a requirement that the couple be married as these visas are also issued to de facto relationships (including same-sex couples).

    This is far from an exhaustive list, and there are many other requirements that must be met before obtaining an 801 visa, such as proof of good health and safe character to prove that the applicant won’t be a danger to Australian society.
    If you are worried that you don’t satisfy any of these requirements, I recommend that you seek professional assistance because many of the requirements have exceptions, and an immigration lawyer usually knows the most successful ways of how to prove these.
    Last edited by amanpreetbhangoo; 07-29-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts