Thread: Travelling abroad with u visa on passport

Travelling abroad with u visa on passport

Hi all,

Iím on wait list outside of the states. This means, when Iím granted u visa, I will need to go to an embassy to get actual visa to enter to the states.
    I know that you need to have advanced parole when you are on u status and travel abroad, because the visa is not stamped to your passport. But what if you already got u visa issued on your passport? Could travel without advanced parole? I guess you donít need additional counsellor processing do you?

Have a nice day,

Considering you get an actual visa before entry I would think you might be able to travel for limited period. I have always been told not to leave until you get the green card but I think that is mainly because of you leave you then have to apply for the actual visa and that becomes a long process. But as with any other visa it should tell you what you are allowed to do. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    Considering you get an actual visa before entry I would think you might be able to travel for limited period. I have always been told not to leave until you get the green card but I think that is mainly because of you leave you then have to apply for the actual visa and that becomes a long process. But as with any other visa it should tell you what you are allowed to do. Best of luck.
    Agree with Leah. Better not to but if you have to then you can without any issues.
    U visa filed Sep-2015
    Notice date Sep-2015
    Bio Oct-2015
    No DA

http://www.splawforum.com/threads/18...rocessing-time