Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Adjustment of Status Based on U Visa - My Journey

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    33
    [QUOTE=Bubu;11918]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr_time View Post
    On the letter we got from usci it said we were missing a few pages from my passport. Lawyer said she had printed all of them. Maybe the copies came out blurry and were asking for clean ones. They received our RFE respond on June 20, now I just hope everything goes well.[/QUOT

    Hi, did you travel with your U visa?
    I didn't travel.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    29
    Hi hop3

    Thank you for sharing your time line.
    It looks like you have pretty much similar case that I have.

    I got married just before my U visa approval and my husband is on DACA status.
    My lawyer suggested to go to mental hospital frequently to show extra hardship if my husband cannot live in USA.

    How did you show extra hardship in your case?

    I am going to submit AOS this Nov, 2019.
    Thank you.

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    Hi hop3

    Thank you for sharing your time line.
    It looks like you have pretty much similar case that I have.

    I got married just before my U visa approval and my husband is on DACA status.
    My lawyer suggested to go to mental hospital frequently to show extra hardship if my husband cannot live in USA.

    How did you show extra hardship in your case?

    I am going to submit AOS this Nov, 2019.
    Thank you.
    Hi Jin, sorry for the late reply. When it comes to showing extreme hardship, every case is different. On our case I argued on things that would negatively affect us if my wife and I were separated. Below are a few points to consider including when writing your hardship letter:

    -Describe your relationship. what sorts of activities do you like to do together? what do you do on weekends?
    -Have you ever met someone like your spouse? what makes him/her special? what do you like about your spouse's personality? what attracted you to your spouse?
    -Walk USCIS through both scenarios 1)Your spouse goes to his/her home country alone and you are separated, what would negatively affect both of you? 2) You both go to your spouse's home country. if your spouse goes, would you be able to go with him/her and live there? would you have a way to live there lawfully?
    -If your spouse is allowed to remain in the United States, would you ensure that he/she has support, doesn't live on public benefit?
    -What are your dreams together for your life the U.S.?

    This is just to give you an idea and of course you can add other things that I may have not mentioned here. I hope it helps. Start prepping and gathering documents early. Good luck!

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr_time View Post
    On the letter we got from usci it said we were missing a few pages from my passport. Lawyer said she had printed all of them. Maybe the copies came out blurry and were asking for clean ones. They received our RFE respond on June 20, now I just hope everything goes well.
    Any updates on your case? Itís been two months now since USCIS received your RFE response. All the best!

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by hop3 View Post
    Any updates on your case? Itís been two months now since USCIS received your RFE response. All the best!
    Hey hope, I had great news few days ago. I was approve for my adjustment!! I was starting to get worry that it was taking longer than some cases that got RFE. But it was worth the wait.

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    22
    Congratulations!!!

    Sorry to chime in but check this, I received and answered RFE the year I applied, 2015; online shows a receipt for my RFE letter; and as much as people say they answer in 6-9 weeks what not, It's been 4 years since i submitted RFE annnnnd nothing since;
    don't you love it when you're the outstanding case that is delayed on top of this already incredible delay... so my timeframes are all out the window, no idea about anything, no one to contact, lawyer just closes the door on my face, been in this situation since the age of 22 and have not seen a family member since; don't you just love the freedom the US gives; yeah imprisonment can be done in so many various forms....
    sorry..just one of those days...

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr_time View Post
    Hey hope, I had great news few days ago. I was approve for my adjustment!! I was starting to get worry that it was taking longer than some cases that got RFE. But it was worth the wait.
    Oh waow, CONGRATULATIONS Jr_time!!! This is excellent news and thanks for the update. Iím glad to hear that Vermont service center is moving along. So with RFE it took USCIS 8 months to process your AOS, right?

    Enjoy your freedom!!!

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming92 View Post
    Congratulations!!!

    Sorry to chime in but check this, I received and answered RFE the year I applied, 2015; online shows a receipt for my RFE letter; and as much as people say they answer in 6-9 weeks what not, It's been 4 years since i submitted RFE annnnnd nothing since;
    don't you love it when you're the outstanding case that is delayed on top of this already incredible delay... so my timeframes are all out the window, no idea about anything, no one to contact, lawyer just closes the door on my face, been in this situation since the age of 22 and have not seen a family member since; don't you just love the freedom the US gives; yeah imprisonment can be done in so many various forms....
    sorry..just one of those days...
    Thank you, Iím sorry to hear that. You are applying for your u visa or adjustment of status? My advice is to get another lawyer. I think thatís a lot of time gone by to get no answer for a RFE.

  9. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by hop3 View Post
    Oh waow, CONGRATULATIONS Jr_time!!! This is excellent news and thanks for the update. Iím glad to hear that Vermont service center is moving along. So with RFE it took USCIS 8 months to process your AOS, right?

    Enjoy your freedom!!!
    Thank you, it is a great relief for me. It came at a time that I need some cheering. Yea, I was expecting maybe a year to get and answer, but I think uscis are working faster on application from October of last year and forward. Idk, if you know Spanish, but thereís Facebook group that are from u visa to adjusting of status, a lot are getting approve sooner. Best of luck and hope you hear some good news soon

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr_time View Post
    Thank you, it is a great relief for me. It came at a time that I need some cheering. Yea, I was expecting maybe a year to get and answer, but I think uscis are working faster on application from October of last year and forward. Idk, if you know Spanish, but thereís Facebook group that are from u visa to adjusting of status, a lot are getting approve sooner. Best of luck and hope you hear some good news soon
    Thank you! And yes I do know Spanish, can you please post the link for this Facebook group or the name of the group? Iím sure itíll be very useful. Thanks in advance!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •