Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adjustment of Status Based on U Visa - My Journey

[QUOTE=Bubu;11918]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr_time View Post
    On the letter we got from usci it said we were missing a few pages from my passport. Lawyer said she had printed all of them. Maybe the copies came out blurry and were asking for clean ones. They received our RFE respond on June 20, now I just hope everything goes well.[/QUOT

Hi, did you travel with your U visa?
    I didn't travel.

Hi hop3

Thank you for sharing your time line.
    It looks like you have pretty much similar case that I have.

I got married just before my U visa approval and my husband is on DACA status.
    My lawyer suggested to go to mental hospital frequently to show extra hardship if my husband cannot live in USA.

How did you show extra hardship in your case?

I am going to submit AOS this Nov, 2019.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    Hi hop3

Thank you for sharing your time line.
    It looks like you have pretty much similar case that I have.

I got married just before my U visa approval and my husband is on DACA status.
    My lawyer suggested to go to mental hospital frequently to show extra hardship if my husband cannot live in USA.

How did you show extra hardship in your case?

I am going to submit AOS this Nov, 2019.
    Thank you.
    Hi Jin, sorry for the late reply. When it comes to showing extreme hardship, every case is different. On our case I argued on things that would negatively affect us if my wife and I were separated. Below are a few points to consider including when writing your hardship letter:

-Describe your relationship. what sorts of activities do you like to do together? what do you do on weekends?
    -Have you ever met someone like your spouse? what makes him/her special? what do you like about your spouse's personality? what attracted you to your spouse?
    -Walk USCIS through both scenarios 1)Your spouse goes to his/her home country alone and you are separated, what would negatively affect both of you? 2) You both go to your spouse's home country. if your spouse goes, would you be able to go with him/her and live there? would you have a way to live there lawfully?
    -If your spouse is allowed to remain in the United States, would you ensure that he/she has support, doesn't live on public benefit?
    -What are your dreams together for your life the U.S.?

This is just to give you an idea and of course you can add other things that I may have not mentioned here. I hope it helps. Start prepping and gathering documents early. Good luck!