Thread: White House to unveil sweeping overhaul of immigration system, including merit-based

White House to unveil sweeping overhaul of immigration system, including merit-based

U visa filed Sep-2015
    Notice date Sep-2015
    Bio Oct-2015
    No DA

Can anyone help to interpret how this will impact u visa process? Will the processing time be shortened or further delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hope2018 View Post
    Can anyone help to interpret how this will impact u visa process? Will the processing time be shortened or further delayed?
    Of course it will be further delayed. One of the reasons U visa processing got delayed was after DACA was introduced. Family green cards are quicker to approve where as there is a lot more investigation for work green cards so definitely more delays. But the good news is I dont think this Trump plan will be approved anyway.

Thank you. I hope and pray no further delays as this long wait has already put a lot u visa applicants under extreme hardships. But it seems not many DAs have been issued lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope2018 View Post
    Thank you. I hope and pray no further delays as this long wait has already put a lot u visa applicants under extreme hardships. But it seems not many DAs have been issued lately.
    Its clear now DAs are mostly issued in the 4th quarter of the fiscal year (summer months) and u visas are issued in the first 3 quarters of the fiscal year. I believe soon in July-August-September we will see many DAs getting issued.

I just hope they will continue their work flow with u visa throughout the year as it touches a lot of applicants’ daily lives.