Thread: U visa filed incorrectly -please help

U visa filed incorrectly -please help

Greetings,

my family member was a victim of the crime. He got robbed at gun point. Skipping all the details, Supplement B was signed. The regular lawyer fee was very expensive. Hence, we decided to seek help from local non-government organization. let's name the representative Bob. Bob filed the documents on January 2019 for a fee. After appointments for biometrics came(March 2019) , it was only for him and his wife. we realized that application for derivative for his son has never been filed. After looking at copies of what has been sent to USCIS (Bob provided them to my family member at time of filing), I have found that Bob never filed for initial I-765, did not file for derivative son, only for derivative spouse. Additionally, principal I-918 has multiple errors, including incorrect first name of child. (written city instead of first name).

How can this situation be fixed? File U visa again with whole package? or only missing and corrected parts. should we request supplement B again? How can name and address of that representative be removed from the application. I don't think we can ask for refund. I understand it is my family member's fault as well, but really do not want him and his family get denied due to unprofessional representative, after all what my family member went through.

thanks for any advice.

Sincerely

Quote Originally Posted by seva View Post
    Greetings,

my family member was a victim of the crime. He got robbed at gun point. Skipping all the details, Supplement B was signed. The regular lawyer fee was very expensive. Hence, we decided to seek help from local non-government organization. let's name the representative Bob. Bob filed the documents on January 2019 for a fee. After appointments for biometrics came(March 2019) , it was only for him and his wife. we realized that application for derivative for his son has never been filed. After looking at copies of what has been sent to USCIS (Bob provided them to my family member at time of filing), I have found that Bob never filed for initial I-765, did not file for derivative son, only for derivative spouse. Additionally, principal I-918 has multiple errors, including incorrect first name of child. (written city instead of first name).

How can this situation be fixed? File U visa again with whole package? or only missing and corrected parts. should we request supplement B again? How can name and address of that representative be removed from the application. I don't think we can ask for refund. I understand it is my family member's fault as well, but really do not want him and his family get denied due to unprofessional representative, after all what my family member went through.

thanks for any advice.

Sincerely
    Seva,
    make a list of things that needs to be corrected and just ask your lawyer.
    My lawyer also made some typos in the application and some other mistakes in I-918.
    no need to file everything again.
    Lawyer can email USCIS to correct those issue. My lawyer did and USCIS corrected those errors.

Also, ask your lawyer to send I-765 now, he can send I-765 now for both principal and derivatives.

I don't know anything about adding children on the application.

Follow as @GKP123 explained. Did same for typos.
    U visa filed Sep-2015
    Notice date Sep-2015
    Bio Oct-2015
    No DA