Thread: Steps & Approximate Time frames? Travel options?

Steps & Approximate Time frames? Travel options?

Looking for some answers and approximate time frames from this forum, from experience or heard from lawyers/sources, I would really appreciate it please; will give details of my case but I believe the info can help many, thank you

- Applied: 2015
    - RFE & Biometrics: 2015
    Nothing since, no answers to inquiry.

I believe next steps, even in a long time, are:

- Deferred Action
    - Work Authorization
    - U Visa
    - Green Card

Please give approximate time frames for each step to the next (ex: in 3 months, years etc)
    Correct me if wrong and if any steps I missed?

Also, it's been a long long time since i've seen my family..a long long time...

- At what earliest point can I leave the US?
    - Ideally with the application still in process even if I have to wait outside, i'd rather be with my family
    - Or is the application cancelled and I heard a possible ban if you leave before which step?

- And what earliest step can i go and come back?
    - And do I need to apply for a waiver/advanced parole or something? Details appreciated

- What point can I apply for relatives/family to join?

I hope the process speeds up for all of us, and thank you

Any answer or confirmation of information would be appreciated!
    Wondering what can I do, god forbid, something happens to my family!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming92 View Post
    Looking for some answers and approximate time frames from this forum, from experience or heard from lawyers/sources, I would really appreciate it please; will give details of my case but I believe the info can help many, thank you

- Deferred Action
    - Work Authorization
    - U Visa
    - Green Card

Please give approximate time frames for each step to the next (ex: in 3 months, years etc)

- Ideally with the application still in process even if I have to wait outside, i'd rather be with my family
    - Or is the application cancelled and I heard a possible ban if you leave before which step?

- And do I need to apply for a waiver/advanced parole or something? Details appreciated

Hey Dreaming92, it's difficult to answear, because Uscis works strange way and it's hard to predict anything. But if you applied early 2015, then you should get DA very soon I think, this or next month... I am April 2015 and got it in February. Other steps I can't say how long it will take for sure. For question about leaving the country you should consult with attorney. Even I thought about it, but not sure if it's good idea after I got DA. Honestly, I don't know, and also for me this waiting time is extremely painful because of no family here. I know that some people left country after U visa granted, and came back. But it's only good idea if you was in status at the time you applied for u visa. If you were out of status, you could have problems with coming back. I think you can apply right now for family, maybe other members can say more about that.

Thank you very much Nika, appreciate your answer and wish you good luck in everything!

- Deferred Action
    - Work Authorization
    - U Visa
    - Green Card

When in 2015 did you apply?

Usually to travel is best to wait when you have a greencard. Its risky to travel on U visa

Thank you very much Nika, appreciate your answer and wish you good luck in everything!
    You're welcome dear, hope you will get good news very soon! Good luck to you and may God bless you