Thread: What Should I Do?(Help Please)

What Should I Do?(Help Please)

I want to ask everybody in this forum something thatís making me anxious and stressed. First of all your answer will be very useful for me and means a lot. So I applied for U Visa March 2015, I received RFE on August 2018, I replied the RFE on November 2018, itís been 4 Months and I havenít gotten an answer from them. Donít you think itís been too long that they havenít replied since everyone says that after you replied the RFE it only takes around 4 to six weeks and I passed way more than six weeks, what should I do? Is this normal?

Well... as you have, I have seen people say they have received responses some time after answering RFE; I wouldn't be surprised if most were after the 4 to 6 weeks time frame, it hasn't been punctual.

But also, in my case, i received and answered RFE same year I applied, 2015, and nothing since.
    I would say that's a bit odd but at the same time there is not much logic and sense in this whole process is there?
    Good luck to all

Quote Originally Posted by Servais844 View Post
    I want to ask everybody in this forum something thatís making me anxious and stressed. First of all your answer will be very useful for me and means a lot. So I applied for U Visa March 2015, I received RFE on August 2018, I replied the RFE on November 2018, itís been 4 Months and I havenít gotten an answer from them. Donít you think itís been too long that they havenít replied since everyone says that after you replied the RFE it only takes around 4 to six weeks and I passed way more than six weeks, what should I do? Is this normal?
    I think you will get answer soon, you see one member Blackpanda sent RFE similar time as you and just got preapproved. I know its strange the way they are working but don't worry, they should really get to you soon. My best wishes
    to you dear. Don't loose hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming92 View Post
    Well... as you have, I have seen people say they have received responses some time after answering RFE; I wouldn't be surprised if most were after the 4 to 6 weeks time frame, it hasn't been punctual.

But also, in my case, i received and answered RFE same year I applied, 2015, and nothing since.
    I would say that's a bit odd but at the same time there is not much logic and sense in this whole process is there?
    Good luck to all
    As of Today April 16,2019 no response yet.😰

Hi Servais, USICS will respond to your RFE, they are bit cautious when it comes to U visa. it is normal to get a delayed reply. you can still check with USCIS if they received your reply on RFE? the fact that you receive dan RFE means they are working on your case. Hold tight and just wait. wait is the name of the game when it comes to U visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    Hi Servais, USICS will respond to your RFE, they are bit cautious when it comes to U visa. it is normal to get a delayed reply. you can still check with USCIS if they received your reply on RFE? the fact that you receive dan RFE means they are working on your case. Hold tight and just wait. wait is the name of the game when it comes to U visa.
    I check my case every day on USCIS website but it only shows that they got my evidence that they received on November of last year, my case is at Vermont by the way.