Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 applicants post here

Applied March 2017
    Recieved: April 2017
    Biometrics June 2017
    Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Relley74 View Post
    How do you get EAC without biometric, doesnt sound like you are telling the truth..You have to have biometric because they take your picture etc etc.

In my case, I applied my case from abroad by myself without any lawyer. They sent me I-797 Notice of action form and a form inquiring my biometrics. Since my mail was lost and later on i received that mail after one year, that biometric date was passed. i sent many inquiries but no reply. then i contact the U.S Embassy in my country. they refused to help me because they said, they are not authorize to reschedule the appointment since there is no USCIS office in my country, so i have to contact to vermont service centre for reschedule.. Since then, i sent many inquiries to vermont service centre but no reply....

Still waiting for any notice inquiring my biometrics again. Hopefully, when they open my case !!!

Quote Originally Posted by meomeomeo View Post
    This is to alert anyone in this same situation (i.e expired biometric appointment). I moved and did not receive my appointment letter almost 3 months after the date, so I decided to just WALK IN to the fingerprint office and explained to them what happened. I told them in details "I submitted my petition on this date. I received the biometric appointment on this date, however, it had already passed the time. I immediately contacted CBP to reschedule but have not received any response. Here is my case number (the EAC receipt#), may you please kindly help see that my application is still pending and help me proceed with the fingerprinting part"

Please remember to be very courteous, polite and patient, if they are willing to help you they can still do it, as long as you can show them your application is still pending/valid.
    Sir, that scenario only works if you are present in U.S

in my case i am waiting for my U Visa abroad. and there is no USCIS office in my country.

PREVIOUS DACA HOLDER SINCE 2012
    (BIOMETRICS DONE)

U- Visa Applied March 7, 2017

U- Visa Received March 20, 2017

RFE- August, 2018 (Vaccinations)

Detained by ICE - Oct, 2018

Deported- Dec 7, 2018

Additional RFE- Dec. 22, 2018 (court reports)

Informational Letter to my lawyer- On April 22, 2019

Waiting for new visas available.
    Last edited by __judiii__; 06-08-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by __judiii__ View Post
    PREVIOUS DACA HOLDER SINCE 2012
    (BIOMETRICS DONE)

U- Visa Applied March 7, 2017

U- Visa Received March 20, 2017

RFE- August, 2018 (Vaccinations)

Detained by ICE - Oct, 2018

Deported- Dec 7, 2018

Additional RFE- Dec. 22, 2018 (court reports)

Informational Letter to my lawyer- On April 22, 2019

Waiting for new visas available.
    That makes no sense to me at all. Maybe Iím not understanding it. If you had DACA then got a I visa how were you deported? Why would ICE even detain you? Did you leave the country? If you did so before adjusting status there is no chance in hell you will get it back after being deported. I donít even understand why anyone would especially when you wait that long. I am guessing DACA played a part in getting a U Visa that quickly.

Maybe I didnt explained myself well enough. I said I was a previous DACA holder since 2012. On 2015 I got a DUI, on 2016 ICE came to my door saying I no longer have a status. I was detained Feb. 2016 until June 2016, I was released because I applied for a Stay Of Removal while my lawyer prepared my U-Visa case. My Stay of Removal expired on 2018 and got denied the renewal. My lawyer got the Virginia Senate involve in my case since ICE was coming up to me to detained me "again". I got deported on Dec 2018 because I didnt have a status since I didnt have DACA or Stay of Removal anymore. It even suprised me that I received RFE twice, one for the vaccionations and the 2nd to submit court reports from tickets I got AFTER submitting U-Visa. On April 2019 my lawyer gave me the good news that Im been placed on the waiting list because I had given them everything they ask for.

Congrats judii

Ií I applied in 2017 to be exact October 2017 finger print November of the same year . In my case Iím in removal proceedings i am married with an American citizen 2 kids btw previously deported thatís why I canít adjust my status through my wife.Long short story Driving under the influence. I got arrested by ICE in feb 2016 and released after 6 months after paying a bond. I wish I had the same luck as you to expedite my U visa so my kids and wife donít suffer. God bless you and Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by __judiii__ View Post
    Maybe I didnt explained myself well enough. I said I was a previous DACA holder since 2012. On 2015 I got a DUI, on 2016 ICE came to my door saying I no longer have a status. I was detained Feb. 2016 until June 2016, I was released because I applied for a Stay Of Removal while my lawyer prepared my U-Visa case. My Stay of Removal expired on 2018 and got denied the renewal. My lawyer got the Virginia Senate involve in my case since ICE was coming up to me to detained me "again". I got deported on Dec 2018 because I didnt have a status since I didnt have DACA or Stay of Removal anymore. It even suprised me that I received RFE twice, one for the vaccionations and the 2nd to submit court reports from tickets I got AFTER submitting U-Visa. On April 2019 my lawyer gave me the good news that Im been placed on the waiting list because I had given them everything they ask for.

Ok. That makes sense. I wasnít understanding before. In that case you have to wait for your u visa. Not wait list approval but actual u visa. Then you will need to go through the process of obtaining the ACTUAL U visa from the US Embassy in your country. First you need to get your lawyer to apply for a waiver if he hasnít done so already. Even if he applied for a waiver while you were being detained with your U application you need to apply for a new one to have your deportation and any other grounds waived. So that ASAP or you can get your U denied by the embassy.

Theres no such thing as a waiting list approval. Actually USCIS send me 2nd RFE on Dec. explaining about the form I-192 Waiver so they didnt denied it they actually gave a 2nd oportunity to send that form before they take a decision. The Waiver was filed with the 2nd RFE on March 2019. On April 22 I got the letter saying im on the waiting list now for a U-visa. Since your saying they can denied the Uvisa if the waiver isnt filed before, then im guessing im a lucky person.

Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    Ií I applied in 2017 to be exact October 2017 finger print November of the same year . In my case Iím in removal proceedings i am married with an American citizen 2 kids btw previously deported thatís why I canít adjust my status through my wife.Long short story Driving under the influence. I got arrested by ICE in feb 2016 and released after 6 months after paying a bond. I wish I had the same luck as you to expedite my U visa so my kids and wife donít suffer. God bless you and Congrats!
    Thanks Alot. It also depends on the pressure your lawyer puts on ICE. Have you try applying for a Stay Of Removal since you are on Removal Proceddings already?