Thread: Got RFE i 918 supplement B need advise please

Got RFE i 918 supplement B need advise please

i applied march 17 2015

got RFE march 4 2019

i need advice

i got RFE they said please provide evidence to show that the indvidual who signed form I-918 supplement B is the of the certifying agency or person in a supervisory
    role that has been specifically designeted by the head of the certifying agency or is federal state or local

in lieu of this information you may otherwise provide newely form i 918 supplement b

my lawyer advise he said we just give more proof that sign person was right of the head so what i suppose to do ? go with that or get new i -918 suppelement B
    please advise me
    thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by crp View Post
    i applied march 17 2015

got rfe march 4 2019

i need advice

i got rfe they said please provide evidence to show that the indvidual who signed form i-918 supplement b is the of the certifying agency or person in a supervisory
    role that has been specifically designeted by the head of the certifying agency or is federal state or local

in lieu of this information you may otherwise provide newely form i 918 supplement b

my lawyer advise he said we just give more proof that sign person was right of the head so what i suppose to do ? Go with that or get new i -918 suppelement b
    please advise me
    thank you in advance

you must ask your lawyer the same question

i applied march 17 2015

got RFE march 4 2019

i need advice

i got RFE they said please provide evidence to show that the indvidual who signed form I-918 supplement B is the of the certifying agency or person in a supervisory

my lawyer advise he said we just give more proof that sign person was right of the head so what i suppose to do ? go with that or get new i -918 suppelement B
    please advise me
    thank you in advance
    We received the same RFE, which really means the person who signed your supplement B is not authorized to do so, depending on the state, city you live at should have a " victims unit" , they should signed but it has to be an authorized person. In our case our city did not have a "victims unit" so the DA signed but she was not authorized, our lawyer sat for a couple of days literally to get the signature because no one wanted to sign nor gave a name of a person who might do so. At the end he did his homework and found out the name of the person he needed to see and just waited for him to talk to him to sign and he did after almost a month of trying. He was the DAs supervisor.

For what I was told then, USCIS has a list of people who is allowed/ approved to sign only.
    Best of luck!

I had a similar problem before sending my package...thank God. The police office who signed was not the authorized person with the INS. The police station has one (and sometimes two) officer who is the only person authorized by the INS. That is because they took a class with the Immigration about how and when to sign for a supplement B.
    Is a simple process. Do not panic. There is a listing on line where you can see who is the person who can sign the form on each Police station. The lawyer has access to it. if he/she doesn't know (he should ask) BUT, you can try to ask in the Police station... the assigned person is usually a Liutenant or Higer. YOU GOT THIS!
    Last edited by Eva; 03-08-2019 at 11:18 AM.

thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    I had a similar problem before sending my package...thank God. The police office who signed was not the authorized person with the INS. The police station has one (and sometimes two) officer who is the only person authorized by the INS. That is because they took a class with the Immigration about how and when to sign for a supplement B.
    Is a simple process. Do not panic. There is a listing on line where you can see who is the person who can sign the form on each Police station. The lawyer has access to it. if he/she doesn't know (he should ask) BUT, you can try to ask in the Police station... the assigned person is usually a Liutenant or Higer. YOU GOT THIS!
    4.5 years ago it took lawyer and I 1.8 months to get signature from assistant DA handling my case. This was in Albuquerque NM and Albuqe. PD was not signing U certification at that time. The DA is not the head of the office so I am affraid I will get REF after waiting 4+ years. Lets hope I can get another Supp. B form signed if I end up getting REF.

i applied march 17 2015

got RFE march 4 2019

i need advice

please advise me
    thank you in advance

Do you recall who signed your supp. B? Was it a police officer?

Mine is signed my assistant chief
    Is ok or will I get also RFE for supp B again

i applied march 17 2015

got RFE march 4 2019

i need advice

please advise me
    thank you in advance
    When the officer signs the supplement b, there is some information he is supposed to put in to identify himself. Check to see if he included this...not all agencies have a designated official. It took me over a year to get mines signed. Nobody knew who was authorized to sign because they had never had a request for one before. In the end the head of the unit signed. I don't know if I will have to get a new one but I remember he put that info on mines as well as his superior. I pasted below what USCIS says

Item Number 1. Name of Certifying Agency. The certifying agency must be a Federal, state, local, or tribal law enforcement agency; prosecutor; authority; or Federal, state, or local judge that has responsibility for the detection, investigation, prosecution, conviction, or sentencing of the qualifying criminal activity of which the petitioner was a victim.
    This includes traditional law enforcement branches with the criminal justice system and other agencies that have criminal investigative jurisdiction in their respective areas of expertise, including, but not limited to, Child Protective Services, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Department of Labor.
    Item Number 2.a. - 2.c. Name of Certifying Official.
    A certifying official is:
    1. The head of the certifying agency or any person in a supervisory role, who was specially designated by the head of the certifying agency to issue a U Nonimmigrant Status Certification on behalf of that agency; or
    2. A Federal, state, or local judge.
    If the certification is not signed by the head of the certifying agency, attach evidence of the agency head’s written
    designation of the certifying official for this specific purpose.
    Item Numbers 3. - 10. Provide the requested information regarding agency officials, the agency’s address, agency type, case status, certifying agency category, case number, and FBI Number or SID Number.
    Last edited by Leah; 03-09-2019 at 06:26 AM.