Thread: Need to file Income Taxes?

Need to file Income Taxes?

Does USCIS ask for income taxes when filing for U Visa? Because I havenít filed for the last couples of years. Do you think theyíre going to ask me for it? Iím from March 2015 got RFE on August and I replied on November they only asked for the entries dates I had so Iím wondering if theyíll ask for my taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Servais844 View Post
    Does USCIS ask for income taxes when filing for U Visa? Because I havenít filed for the last couples of years. Do you think theyíre going to ask me for it? Iím from March 2015 got RFE on August and I replied on November they only asked for the entries dates I had so Iím wondering if theyíll ask for my taxes.
    Filing income taxes is not required for U visa.

Quote Originally Posted by may2016 View Post
    Filing income taxes is not required for U visa.
    Really? Someone told I need to declare my income taxes because uscis is going to ask for it so Iím not sure now.

Really? Someone told I need to declare my income taxes because uscis is going to ask for it so Iím not sure now.
    They will not ask for imcome taxes for U visa purpose. People do think that all case are equal but not really. If you are applying for greencard trough marriage then you WILL need your taxes but NOT U visa. BTW, you should write a letter to USCIS regarding a reponse to your RFE its been a while since you replied.

They will not ask for imcome taxes for U visa purpose. People do think that all case are equal but not really. If you are applying for greencard trough marriage then you WILL need your taxes but NOT U visa. BTW, you should write a letter to USCIS regarding a reponse to your RFE its been a while since you replied.
    I know I talked to my attorney yesterday about why is taking so long for them to make their final decision I sent on November the dates that they were asking me on the RFE letter that they send me but so far nothing yet. My attorney told me that she was going to make an inquiry by April if we donít get a final decision from them. So itís been 4 months already after I replied the RFE letter.

I know I talked to my attorney yesterday about why is taking so long for them to make their final decision I sent on November the dates that they were asking me on the RFE letter that they send me but so far nothing yet. My attorney told me that she was going to make an inquiry by April if we donít get a final decision from them. So itís been 4 months already after I replied the RFE letter.

Is your case in VSC OR NSC?

Is your case in VSC OR NSC?
    It’s at Vermont