Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Derivatives

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    231

    Derivatives

    Hi all,

    it's been almost a month since final u Visa (letter and EAD) was received by principal applicant, but derivative has not received anything, should I be concerned? What's the average waiting time for them?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Sept2014 View Post
    Hi all,

    it's been almost a month since final u Visa (letter and EAD) was received by principal applicant, but derivative has not received anything, should I be concerned? What's the average waiting time for them?

    Thank you in advance.
    I think both of you received same time.

    Please Contact your atterney or USCIS office

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by A_rfd View Post
    I think both of you received same time.

    Please Contact your atterney or USCIS office
    Thanks A_rfd, I will.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    when did you apply ?.i applied for my family and it took total 7 months

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    when did you apply ?.i applied for my family and it took total 7 months
    We applied all together, September 2014, received DA in 2017 and EAD cards. But now we are still waiting for the final U Visa and new EAD.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    if you applied together then it will be approved along with yours, in my case my lawyer did not file for my family and i had to apply after my u visa was approved ,so it to almost 7 months for them t get approved .

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    if you applied together then it will be approved along with yours, in my case my lawyer did not file for my family and i had to apply after my u visa was approved ,so it to almost 7 months for them t get approved .
    We are still waiting ☹️

  8. #8
    Does anyone know if we can file for derivative if you got married after filing for Uvisa?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by UvisaMay2015 View Post
    Does anyone know if we can file for derivative if you got married after filing for Uvisa?
    i think that is not possible

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by UvisaMay2015 View Post
    Does anyone know if we can file for derivative if you got married after filing for Uvisa?
    You can not. I-929 when adjusting status. If you were not married at the time they can not be included after.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •