Thread: Case Update and transfer

Case Update and transfer

Hi All,

Today I checked my status and this is what it read ( copied below). Do any of you have any idea what this means ? I was at VSC and I am not sure what it means when it says case was recieved at my local office. I still do not have my original notice, attorney will provide it next week hopefully, not even sure if they got it yet. My date April 2016.

Thanks in advance.

" On January 18, 2019, we transferred your Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number XXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case.
    We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case.
    Please follow the instructions in the notice.

January 17, 2019
    Case Was Received At My Local Office
    On January 17, 2019, we received your Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status,
    Receipt Number XXXXXX, at your local office."

Quote Originally Posted by mahajar View Post
    Hi All,

Today I checked my status and this is what it read ( copied below). Do any of you have any idea what this means ? I was at VSC and I am not sure what it means when it says case was recieved at my local office. I still do not have my original notice, attorney will provide it next week hopefully, not even sure if they got it yet. My date April 2016.

Thanks in advance.

" On January 18, 2019, we transferred your Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number XXXXXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case.
    We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case.
    Please follow the instructions in the notice.

January 17, 2019
    Case Was Received At My Local Office
    On January 17, 2019, we received your Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status,
    Receipt Number XXXXXX, at your local office."
    Your case now transfer to Nabraska Center. Same thing happened with my case in January 2017.

I am also April 2016 and my case is in VSC. Also waiting...