Thread: Need some encouraging words..

Need some encouraging words..

Hey there
    Just in need of some encouragement, feeling very very discouraged...
    Get assaulted badly to end up in the hospital end 2014 at the age of 21
    Apply early 2015, parents and only family here leaves the country early 2015
    have not seen a family member since, treated so many times in a dehumanizing way, job let me go on the spot last week..which happens a lot
    i havn't been able to buy myself anything besides a roof over my head all these years.. phone got disconnected a week ago.. everyday is a struggle
    can't afford to see family..if I go, i'm for sure never coming back..family says not worth coming back...people say i'm still young.. but being subject to this all alone at a young age is traumatic... i havn't seen a doctor since the hospital trip in 2014.. i believe i now need a therapist
    no one can advise me.. no one can advise me anything good... no one knows what to do... in the meanwhile i feel like my life is a waste...
    this is horrible... any advice..or kind words?
    i'll forever despise the US for dehumanizing people on such a grand scale... i'm not in a circle where ppl in our situations help each other..i have no idea what i can do to help myself..lawyer never answers, hangs up on me, slammed the door against me face.. i don't know if there is any social help..i'm not from here...
    I was asked to do biometrics in 2015 as well as submit RFE; nothing since..
    becoming more and more of a ghost...
    i knw there are many of us in the same boat and i wish all of you so much strength and good in your lives
    thank you

hey Dreaming92,

I so sorry you're going thru all this, but I have great news. You are alive, and that's all you need to so you can turn things around.

I have been there! I was robbed and beaten up. I was chased by two guys and threatened because I am brown. But I decided to keep going and today things are different. I have no family here in the US either so I had to pick up the pieces and today I even have a US university degree. Make a plan, and follow thru.

Have u been looking for a job? What area are you?

Keep your hope up and better days are coming. I found help at churches. Usually they can help.

you are still very young. DO not lose hope you will definitely recieveyour U visa.

Hi MorningPerson
    Did you get a u visa based on being robbed and beaten up?
    I was in the same situation that is why I'm asking
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming92 View Post
    Hey there
    Just in need of some encouragement, feeling very very discouraged...
    Get assaulted badly to end up in the hospital end 2014 at the age of 21
    Apply early 2015, parents and only family here leaves the country early 2015
    have not seen a family member since, treated so many times in a dehumanizing way, job let me go on the spot last week..which happens a lot
    i havn't been able to buy myself anything besides a roof over my head all these years.. phone got disconnected a week ago.. everyday is a struggle
    can't afford to see family..if I go, i'm for sure never coming back..family says not worth coming back...people say i'm still young.. but being subject to this all alone at a young age is traumatic... i havn't seen a doctor since the hospital trip in 2014.. i believe i now need a therapist
    no one can advise me.. no one can advise me anything good... no one knows what to do... in the meanwhile i feel like my life is a waste...
    this is horrible... any advice..or kind words?
    i'll forever despise the US for dehumanizing people on such a grand scale... i'm not in a circle where ppl in our situations help each other..i have no idea what i can do to help myself..lawyer never answers, hangs up on me, slammed the door against me face.. i don't know if there is any social help..i'm not from here...
    I was asked to do biometrics in 2015 as well as submit RFE; nothing since..
    becoming more and more of a ghost...
    i knw there are many of us in the same boat and i wish all of you so much strength and good in your lives
    thank you
    First of all I think a lot of us here know your pain. You are not alone. That said let us get you some help. It would be good to know what state you are though. Every state is different.
    If you feel you need mental health help that is something I can help you with. If you are ever in urgent need of mental health assistance, go straight to the ER. Most states are mandated to help in such an emergency.
    Call 211. I know you said your phone got turned off but if you can get access to a phone dial that number. They are in every state and will be able to help you find help. Food, shelter, medical...no matter what it is.
    Go to a church. Many churches have outreach programs. They will not turn you away because you are not a citizen. Catholic and Lutheran also Methodist. They are top sources.
    I don't know if you are male or female. But there are often community services for medical treatment and therapy. A lot of these services also provide aid for those who are in need. You have to know who to trust. Medical services do not report. They can not notify immigration or anyone else. I know you must feel so isolated and I know it isn't easy. I will help you as much as I am able to. Message me if you like. I am happy to keep in touch or to help you find sources of aid. But either way let me know what state you are in and I will help you find as much help as there is for you to get. This is what I do. I work with mental health and people in need. Please do not lose faith. You are almost there.
    Last edited by Leah; 01-12-2019 at 05:50 AM.