Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of 2018.

End of 2018.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to take the time to wish everyone season's greetings. Another year down in this journey and we, for the most part, are still in the same place.
    For me anyway, I have battled so much and I can't see things changing. Another year away from my kids and another year waiting.... But also, another year towards my degree, another year getting the healthcare I need. Another year of realizing just how strong I am. That after everything I have been through I can still say I'M OKAY.
    It is a long long road to being legal but if there is anything that you can gain I encourage you to take it and make the most of it. Hoping 2019 brings us some magic in the form of new u visa legislation. Even if it doesn't I wish you ALL the very best for the year ahead. Merry Christmas and may 2019 be prosperous.

Let's use this as a post to share our own wishes and resolutions for 2019. Show each other support along the way. Release some stress.

Leah, I wish you the same. you have rendered a strong message. I hope everyone will wish you like your message manifests.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to take the time to wish everyone season's greetings. Another year down in this journey and we, for the most part, are still in the same place.
    For me anyway, I have battled so much and I can't see things changing. Another year away from my kids and another year waiting.... But also, another year towards my degree, another year getting the healthcare I need. Another year of realizing just how strong I am. That after everything I have been through I can still say I'M OKAY.
    It is a long long road to being legal but if there is anything that you can gain I encourage you to take it and make the most of it. Hoping 2019 brings us some magic in the form of new u visa legislation. Even if it doesn't I wish you ALL the very best for the year ahead. Merry Christmas and may 2019 be prosperous.
    Thank you Leah, let's hope for the best.
    Let's wish/hope for a better 2019!
    Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all of you and good luck to us in a New Year 😊 wish you all lots of patience and faith in this long journey.

Thank you Lea. I think all of us need this message. I've been waiting to get a legal status for 17 years. Visa U is the quickest way to get it. I was very disappointed today when I checked the website and saw how they move back to October 31st. I'm losing my patience to the extent that I have planned to move out next year. Logging in to this forum brings me comfort in difficult days.

Thank you to all of you for the information you provide and the support. I know I'm not alone.

Happy Holidays and have a wonderful, healthy and successful 2019.

Best,
    Jazmin

Quote Originally Posted by jazmg View Post
    Thank you Lea. I think all of us need this message. I've been waiting to get a legal status for 17 years. Visa U is the quickest way to get it. I was very disappointed today when I checked the website and saw how they move back to October 31st. I'm losing my patience to the extent that I have planned to move out next year. Logging in to this forum brings me comfort in difficult days.

Thank you to all of you for the information you provide and the support. I know I'm not alone.

Happy Holidays and have a wonderful, healthy and successful 2019.

Best,
    Jazmin
    You are almost there....WE are almost there. Have faith!

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post

Thanks for your uplifting message Leah.

May I ask how you are working towards your degree? What institution and how did you convince them to study there given your legal status in the country?

Thanks.

Hi everyone happy new year thankyou, Leah, i come here periodically in hope to see if anyone near the time i file is getting closer to the goal, i'm happy they have this forum and people like you to lift up ones spirit this is a long hard road.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooj View Post
    Thanks for your uplifting message Leah.

May I ask how you are working towards your degree? What institution and how did you convince them to study there given your legal status in the country?

Thanks.
    Hi. It is not uncommon or hard to study. It has got harder but I started before Trump. Depending on which state you are also it can be a lot easier. California is the best place to be undocumented. You can study online with no problems and a lot cheaper. If you want the traditional route then private colleges tend to be a lot more helpful, especially if you have a tear jerking story and great potential. I have had a lot of support. I got scholarships and that is invaluable because it can be extremely expensive. Quite frankly anyone that wants to should try. There are tons of ways to get the help you need. I am not going to disclose where I study. Very simple reason, though technically I nor they are breaking any laws, it doesn't stop ICE showing up and detaining anyone who does not have legal status. Though I may be safe, I don't know about others and I will not be responsible for that happening to anyone.