Thread: U visa change of adress

U visa change of adress

Does anybody know do i have to change adress when you move from one to another state. I applied for U visa 7 months ago and i guess i have to change adress online.
    If I understand I need to file AR-11 but have some quesiton about filling form.
    There is a question on form:
    "In the US as a"
    - Permament resident,
    -Other
    -Visitor
    -Student

I am "Other" but then you must specify: "Specify if in the US as Other". What should I write down?

Any other advice for this action? Thank you

Change it online and keep record of the email confirmation they will send

That's what i found but do not know what to write on some field I already mentioned in first post.

@madafaka
    I understand that in other forms of visa, the applicant is required to submit AR-11
    Please take a second opinion,
    I was told not to submit it as it would change your safe mailing address (which usually is your lawyer's address)
    Best of luck!

I do not have lawyer. I applied byself. In that time I did not wanted to invest for this kind of visa because waiting time is forever.
    I moved FL and I applied for FL DL so I do not wanna have any problem if they contact uscis and see that I did not inform Uscis about my new adress.
    Anyway, each mail we get we can see that online too I think. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by madafaka View Post
    I do not have lawyer. I applied byself. In that time I did not wanted to invest for this kind of visa because waiting time is forever.
    I moved FL and I applied for FL DL so I do not wanna have any problem if they contact uscis and see that I did not inform Uscis about my new adress.
    Anyway, each mail we get we can see that online too I think. Thank you!
    Hi. My lawyer did mines when I moved. You have to do it by law. In term of your question when it says specify if other just say pending status. As you have to enter your receipt numbers they will show you a U Visa application pending. You could also say applied for u visa. Good luck

@madafaka Then its obvious, you have to keep your address updated at all times.