Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Please advise

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    21

    Please advise

    I overstayed my visa and then applied for U visa so my question is do I need to file a waiver now to avoid (delays, RFE) and how much the lawyers are charging to send it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    139
    Yes. If you already applied, you will likely get a RFE. When you receive it, reply back with the waiver and you shouldbe fine! Good luck

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by may2016 View Post
    Yes. If you already applied, you will likely get a RFE. When you receive it, reply back with the waiver and you shouldbe fine! Good luck
    Thank you for response May2016, my lawyer is asking 3000 to file waiver for my wife and me and i dont now should we do that now or should we wait request from VSC and do it then? I thought that price for waiver is much cheaper.

    Thank you

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    38
    You can file it by self. It's not a rocket science. I do not understand why to pay lawyer for U vusa generally because it's not that difficult to file everthing.

  5. #5
    I just received an email from USCIS stating that,
    1) Case Transferred To Another Office
    2) Case Was Received At My Local Office

    My application was received June 21, 2016.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli View Post
    I just received an email from USCIS stating that,
    1) Case Transferred To Another Office
    2) Case Was Received At My Local Office

    My application was received June 21, 2016.
    Thats good news AAli atleast they have touched files from 2016 i applied in march 2016 no news yet but i am happy for you hope we all get some good news soon

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Thats good news AAli atleast they have touched files from 2016 i applied in march 2016 no news yet but i am happy for you hope we all get some good news soon
    Thanks Gill at least something is moving not only for me but over all.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    9
    you dont need to file waiver for u visa to get approved so plz dont waste your money as it will be denied .if you overstayed ur visa you only have to file waiver if you want to leave the country coz the 10 year ban is triggered only after you leave the country.i have seen many people apply i192 waiver during the you visa approval and get denied , i am not telling stories listened from other people i have experience the whole uvisa process so plz dont apply i192 now

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    you dont need to file waiver for u visa to get approved so plz dont waste your money as it will be denied .if you overstayed ur visa you only have to file waiver if you want to leave the country coz the 10 year ban is triggered only after you leave the country.i have seen many people apply i192 waiver during the you visa approval and get denied , i am not telling stories listened from other people i have experience the whole uvisa process so plz dont apply i192 now
    Braveheart, when would be the best time to apply for i192 for overstayed and filed U visa in June 2016? Thanks.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6
    my case was received by USCIS on June 7, 2016. after that, nothing at all. no fingerprints no notification nothing. Any insights? thanks guys.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •