Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May 2015

Hi Dave,

I filed my u case August 2015. All my lawyer can tell me is whatever is on USCIS website, which is currently 47 months wait. And this wait time changes over time. Most likely it is getting longer and longer. Why is nobody willing to show any supympathy to our struggles by working on issuing DA little faster? Without work permit, what can we do? My case stays at Vermont center. How many more months of wait do you estimate I have to wait? Thanks.

I applied in January 2015, my case was transferred to Nebraska in January 2018, but since then, I haven't heard anything from them. I have read people saying that they've got their DA and they applied in January, February and March 2015. I'm January and haven't received anything yet. Does the kind of crime influence the decision? If the crime was more serious than others, do they get processed quicker than other cases that aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by Hope2018 View Post
    Hi Dave,

I filed my u case August 2015. All my lawyer can tell me is whatever is on USCIS website, which is currently 47 months wait. And this wait time changes over time. Most likely it is getting longer and longer. Why is nobody willing to show any supympathy to our struggles by working on issuing DA little faster? Without work permit, what can we do? My case stays at Vermont center. How many more months of wait do you estimate I have to wait? Thanks.
    Nobody knows anymore anything for sure. It is all just opinions. I think it depends on luck also. If you are lucky, you can get DA by the summer. But if you dont get it in summer 2019, I dont think you should expect it until 2020 because it seems they dont issue DA in the fall. This is just my opinion because like I said nobody knows. Lawyers cant tell you and even USCIS processing time is not accurate. It has been shifting between October and November 2014 for almost a year now while there are cases from March 2015 that have been approved.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Nobody knows anymore anything for sure. It is all just opinions. I think it depends on luck also. If you are lucky, you can get DA by the summer. But if you dont get it in summer 2019, I dont think you should expect it until 2020 because it seems they dont issue DA in the fall. This is just my opinion because like I said nobody knows. Lawyers cant tell you and even USCIS processing time is not accurate. It has been shifting between October and November 2014 for almost a year now while there are cases from March 2015 that have been approved.
    True. It seems no one has more accurate information but just guessing and opinions. Does the type of crimes matter? For example more serious crimes with more serious injuries and more helpful information to law enforcement will get processed quicker? Does USCUS have any distinction criteria in handling u cases? As you mentioned, some people from 2014 still wait8ng, and some from March April 2018 have been approved. The processing time on the website is for case inquiry deadline or the actual time frame of u filings that USCIS is currently working on. The August -November 2014 processing time has been around for a long time. So discouraging. Why this u visa wait is turning to some endless wait game? The program is supposed to provide some relief and help to the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope2018 View Post
    True. It seems no one has more accurate information but just guessing and opinions. Does the type of crimes matter? For example more serious crimes with more serious injuries and more helpful information to law enforcement will get processed quicker? Does USCUS have any distinction criteria in handling u cases? As you mentioned, some people from 2014 still wait8ng, and some from March April 2018 have been approved. The processing time on the website is for case inquiry deadline or the actual time frame of u filings that USCIS is currently working on. The August -November 2014 processing time has been around for a long time. So discouraging. Why this u visa wait is turning to some endless wait game? The program is supposed to provide some relief and help to the victims.

I know its frustrating! I am from May 22nd 2015. God know when I will get a response. I guess the key is what we do in a meantime with our lives. I try not to worry about it too much because it can drive me crazy.

There are so many things that could happen with these cases; REF, NOID, Denial, my last name is misspelled on my Supp. B form, and they could ask for another one and because it took me 1.5 years to get it signed, I am affraid It will be hard to get another one signed.

I hope for the best! Good luck to you all!

My friend in my case I have two supp B from different two crimes and they wrote wrong birthdate in one supp B but I did got Ref and they issued DA so in your case maybe same thing happened
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Salu View Post
    My friend in my case I have two supp B from different two crimes and they wrote wrong birthdate in one supp B but I did got Ref and they issued DA so in your case maybe same thing happened
    Good luck
    You had get anothet Supp. B due to this typo?

No I got my DA without any trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Salu View Post
    No I got my DA without any trouble
    What are your dates Salu?

Has anyone filed in July/August 2015 received any updates from Vermont Service Center?

My lawyer doubts they have moved fast enough to process cases filed in March April 2015? Has anyone received RFEs or DA in that time frame?