Thread: Anybody can give me a good time wait estimate regarding U visa

Anybody can give me a good time wait estimate regarding U visa

Hi guys, I've been reading this forum for quite sometime and decided to ask my question to the people here that knows more about me.

I applied this June 2018 for U visa, my case is regarding sexual abuse. I was abused on 2011 but didn't want to report it until I started getting nightmares and suffer from PTSD, I've been in psychological treatment until now.

My attorney told me my case is strong, we sent the documents and everything, I asked her many times how long will it take to get my DA, or work permit, she said in one year I can get the permit, but in this forums I've been reading that it takes longer. Or is it different for different types of victims? Maybe for sexual abuse is different? Can someone explain?

Also I have a GF and I would like to apply for her if we get married. After I submitted my application, if I submit my wife's after mine, is that possible that she can adjust at the same time? How long does it take? Thank you.

It take 4 to 5 years. i am from DEC -2014 still waiting Work permit.

4 to 5 years? wow, so maybe by 2022 I'll have an answer, it doesn't matter if the crime was committed serveral years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by onebyte View Post
    4 to 5 years? wow, so maybe by 2022 I'll have an answer, it doesn't matter if the crime was committed serveral years ago?

It doesn’t matter if it happend today or 2 years ago. If you already applied, you cannot add your wife if the marriage occured after application. If you married before you applied, you can add her anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by may2016 View Post
    It doesn’t matter if it happend today or 2 years ago. If you already applied, you cannot add your wife if the marriage occured after application. If you married before you applied, you can add her anytime.
    so that means she has to wait until I get a work permit? to apply for her? and how long does it take for her to get hers?

Also, can I re apply then? is that possible? so I can add her?

[QUOTE=onebyte;10121]so that means she has to wait until I get a work permit? to apply for her? and how long does it take for her to get hers?

Also, can I re apply then? is that possible? so I can add (no)

You married before You applied for U Visa:

You can file for her after you received Work Permit (4- 6 years from when you applied. Given USCIS EFFICIENT WORK. Maybe longer.

You married after you applied:

She CANNOT be added. Could be added when you get a greencard. 9-10 years from when you apllied.
    Last edited by may2016; 10-18-2018 at 09:45 AM.