Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Got RFE after 3.5 years

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    119

    Got RFE after 3.5 years

    For informational purpose I wanted to let know that I got rfe today, date of application April 15, 2015 and Vermont service center.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    41

    Rfe

    Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    For informational purpose I wanted to let know that I got rfe today, date of application April 15, 2015 and Vermont service center.
    Nika
    What kind RFE they asked you?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    21
    Congratulations something is moving what did they asked you for ??

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    119
    They want me to get more evidence that the crime was a qualifying crime...

  5. #5
    Damn it's a tough one. How you gonna reply them ? But I am pretty sure there must be some way though. And hey if you dont mind can you please tell me what was the crime you was victim of? You can inbox me if you don't want to post it here. Please reply. Thanks. May God give you success in what ever you do. Best wishes.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    For informational purpose I wanted to let know that I got rfe today, date of application April 15, 2015 and Vermont service center.


    Thats good news! Is the crime you were a victim of, Listed on the list of crimes on USCIS database?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxcollean@yahoo.com View Post
    Damn it's a tough one. How you gonna reply them ? But I am pretty sure there must be some way though. And hey if you dont mind can you please tell me what was the crime you was victim of? You can inbox me if you don't want to post it here. Please reply. Thanks. May God give you success in what ever you do. Best wishes.
    Yeah that's true, it's a very tough one thank you for your wishes. Honestly I have no hope right now for a positive response. We asked many attorneys before applying for u visa, and nobody said that the crime doesn't qualify. All of them said we should apply. The crime was described as strong arm robbery on police report. But it was a tough one. It wasn't me, it happened to my husband. He thought they /attackers/ strucked his head with a gun when he was lying on the ground and was kicked everywhere by one of them, and the other sit on him. He was in shock when the police came and they just made basic report and he didn't even remember to say about possibility of having gun by the attackers. Whatever happened, it seems it doesn't qualify for uscis for u visa. Wish I knew it before we applied....

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    6
    You are a victim of felonius assault. Try obtaining another supplement B from the DA office that prosecuted your case, or the police department. Explain the situation they would understand. Mail it to USCIS along with the amended I-918 and the RFE, that is appropriate with the Felonious Assault.

  9. #9

    State!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    Yeah that's true, it's a very tough one thank you for your wishes. Honestly I have no hope right now for a positive response. We asked many attorneys before applying for u visa, and nobody said that the crime doesn't qualify. All of them said we should apply. The crime was described as strong arm robbery on police report. But it was a tough one. It wasn't me, it happened to my husband. He thought they /attackers/ strucked his head with a gun when he was lying on the ground and was kicked everywhere by one of them, and the other sit on him. He was in shock when the police came and they just made basic report and he didn't even remember to say about possibility of having gun by the attackers. Whatever happened, it seems it doesn't qualify for uscis for u visa. Wish I knew it before we applied....
    Which state you are in? It depends on the state. But show it to a good lawyer. If he was assaulted that he should talk to the police officers. What code you guys have on supplement B? It doesn’t look like he was victim. If he was a victim and assaulted then how come he didn’t explain it to the police officers at that moment. If it’s true you should get the visa.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014OCT View Post
    You are a victim of felonius assault. Try obtaining another supplement B from the DA office that prosecuted your case, or the police department. Explain the situation they would understand. Mail it to USCIS along with the amended I-918 and the RFE, that is appropriate with the Felonious Assault.
    Thank you very much for your advices!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •