Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got RFE after 3.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    Thank you, Leah!
    Not a problem. Just remember we are not lawyers in this forum. I always recommend getting legal assistance because it saves time and stress. But I am always happy to help. As are many other here. I am putting a link that you may be able to follow and find free legal aid in Illinois. Hopefully one of them helps.

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/immig...-bono-services

Hey Nika I have send you a message on inbox. Check it out. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxcollean@yahoo.com View Post
    Hey Nika I have send you a message on inbox. Check it out. Thank you.
    Ok I replied there.

So we went to the lawyer, and he said he is going to show them that the crime was a qualifying crime. I don't know if it's going to really help us but let's see... everything in Gods hands. Good luck to the others still waiting for the answer.

So we went to the lawyer, and he said he is going to show them that the crime was a qualifying crime. I don't know if it's going to really help us but let's see... everything in Gods hands. Good luck to the others still waiting for the answer.
    Best wishes!

Be Wise.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...8_01D14101.pdf

Thank you 2014OCT I don't expect anything, I am aware of deny.

@Nika, You should get in touch with a criminal lawyer (NOT a U Visa lawyer). He is the one who can cite the law(along with numbers; CFR number) and have it confirmed by the police or law enforcement agency as applicable.

My Lawyer(criminal lawyer) worded it very well on a letter and sent it to investigating authority. They in turn cited the same law along with law reference numbers on I-918 Supplement B

Crime might have happened. The question is whether the crime qualifies for U Visa and if the law enforcement can certify. Think of convincing 3rd party with respect to your QUALIFYING U Visa crime.

Why loose hope? Just have it worded correctly. The law enforcement will confirm or deny your application based on the argument that you put forward.

NOTE: USCIS is not law enforcement. They adjudicate your visa.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by providence; 11-06-2018 at 03:24 AM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by providence View Post
    @Nika, You should get in touch with a criminal lawyer (NOT a U Visa lawyer). He is the one who can cite the law(along with numbers; CFR number) and have it confirmed by the police or law enforcement agency as applicable.

My Lawyer(criminal lawyer) worded it very well on a letter and sent it to investigating authority. They in turn cited the same law along with law reference numbers on I-918 Supplement B

Crime might have happened. The question is whether the crime qualifies for U Visa and if the law enforcement can certify. Think of convincing 3rd party with respect to your QUALIFYING U Visa crime.

Why loose hope? Just have it worded correctly. The law enforcement will confirm or deny your application based on the argument that you put forward.

NOTE: USCIS is not law enforcement. They adjudicate your visa.

Hope it helps!
    Thank you providence! Really appreciate all the help!