Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got RFE after 3.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Nipuriya View Post
    Which state you are in? It depends on the state. But show it to a good lawyer. If he was assaulted that he should talk to the police officers. What code you guys have on supplement B? It doesn’t look like he was victim. If he was a victim and assaulted then how come he didn’t explain it to the police officers at that moment. If it’s true you should get the visa.
    From what I know, he was certainly a victim of a crime. Yes, he explained police what happened, as much as he was able at that time, due to the deep shock and being unconscious for some time while lying on the ground. We live in Illinois, its kind of danger place full of bandits everywhere... I guess if that bastards would kill him then they would give him u visa, otherwise its not enough...

Medical records!

Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    From what I know, he was certainly a victim of a crime. Yes, he explained police what happened, as much as he was able at that time, due to the deep shock and being unconscious for some time while lying on the ground. We live in Illinois, its kind of danger place full of bandits everywhere... I guess if that bastards would kill him then they would give him u visa, otherwise its not enough...
    Did he go to ER? Or may be any health condition after this ? Any phychological report? Talk to the police. Police can help you if he was assaulted. Police has to update the report then you apply for a different supplement b where it says he was assaulted. Talk to the police department first.

You don't need a new supplement b. You need a statement that explains in full what happened. The crime does not have to be named as felonious assault or any of the listed qualifying crimes. It says that if it is similar to or an attempt at it is a qualifying crime. So what you need is a qualified and experienced attorney that understands the u visa process to draft a statement that details why the crime qualifies. Then submit any evidence you can get from the police. You can try contacting CLINIC or ASISTA. They are great at providing guidance. They may also be able to help you with what you need to do or finding a lawyer.
    Best wishes.
    http://www.asistahelp.org/index.cfm/...onious_assault

Thak you all for your advices and help! I really appreciate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipuriya View Post
    Did he go to ER? Or may be any health condition after this ? Any phychological report? Talk to the police. Police can help you if he was assaulted. Police has to update the report then you apply for a different supplement b where it says he was assaulted. Talk to the police department first.
    Yes, of course he has some serious health conditions because of that assault. Is that possible to update Police report after 10 years?
    Last edited by Nika; 10-19-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    You don't need a new supplement b. You need a statement that explains in full what happened. The crime does not have to be named as felonious assault or any of the listed qualifying crimes. It says that if it is similar to or an attempt at it is a qualifying crime. So what you need is a qualified and experienced attorney that understands the u visa process to draft a statement that details why the crime qualifies. Then submit any evidence you can get from the police. You can try contacting CLINIC or ASISTA. They are great at providing guidance. They may also be able to help you with what you need to do or finding a lawyer.
    Best wishes.
    http://www.asistahelp.org/index.cfm/...onious_assault
    Maybe that's the case, maybe we didn't do the best job with our application, since we did it by yourself, without a lawyer help. So now I understand we really need one.

March 20, 2015

For informational purpose I wanted to let know that I got rfe today, date of application April 15, 2015 and Vermont service center.
    Thank you for update.

I just want to confirm that your application received date is 04/15/2015.... Because mine is 03/15/2015 and also Vermont. Still waiting for response.

Congratulation by the way..

Maybe that's the case, maybe we didn't do the best job with our application, since we did it by yourself, without a lawyer help. So now I understand we really need one.
    I wouldn't say you have to have a lawyer. But it helps. In your case I can figure that they want a statement because they usually specify when they require you get a supplement b. You need a supporting statement that details exactly what happened. You also need to submit evidence to support your claim. Police reports, pictures of injuries if you have any, medical reports, basically they want you to prove your case. Having a lawyer makes it easier. There are places you can go to get free or reduced rates. You need to do it fast though because there is a time limit. Again, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    I wouldn't say you have to have a lawyer. But it helps. In your case I can figure that they want a statement because they usually specify when they require you get a supplement b. You need a supporting statement that details exactly what happened. You also need to submit evidence to support your claim. Police reports, pictures of injuries if you have any, medical reports, basically they want you to prove your case. Having a lawyer makes it easier. There are places you can go to get free or reduced rates. You need to do it fast though because there is a time limit. Again, good luck.
    Thank you, Leah!

Quote Originally Posted by ppatel9653 View Post
    Thank you for update.

I just want to confirm that your application received date is 04/15/2015.... Because mine is 03/15/2015 and also Vermont. Still waiting for response.

Congratulation by the way..
    Yes, application date is 04/15/2015 ! Honestly I was prepared to wait at least a half year more to hear anything from them, they surprised me. Good luck I am sure you are very close to receive your response!