Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Got final U Visa! Applied Sep 2014

Quote Originally Posted by kumar View Post
    May be this link may give information if your planning to file U-Visa Based Adjustment of Status.

http://www.publiccounsel.org/useful_materials?id=0113
    thanks kumar

quick question for those who were approved in past
    1)I Applied for Ssn Today,just wanna kno if i get the regular social security card or the one which says "Valid for work only with dhs authorization"?

2)Can i get the Regular State id and license on behalf of this social security card or something also will be written on that card or any kind of restrictions applied?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhruv Patel View Post
    quick question for those who were approved in past
    1)I Applied for Ssn Today,just wanna kno if i get the regular social security card or the one which says "Valid for work only with dhs authorization"?

2)Can i get the Regular State id and license on behalf of this social security card or something also will be written on that card or any kind of restrictions applied?

"Valid for work only with dhs authorization" until you received Permanent Resident Card (Green Card). After Green Card go to ssa office and update your status and you received regular card without this word.

State Id and Driving License will be reguler but expiration date will remain till ead expires (last day of ead expires)

Quote Originally Posted by A_rfd View Post
    "Valid for work only with dhs authorization" until you received Permanent Resident Card (Green Card). After Green Card go to ssa office and update your status and you received regular card without this word.

State Id and Driving License will be reguler but expiration date will remain till ead expires (last day of ead expires)
    Thanks A_frd so is this social has any kind of restrictions on it?,Also is there anything we cant do on behalf of this ssn or its same like the regular one just has additional heading on it?

Thanks A_frd so is this social has any kind of restrictions on it?,Also is there anything we cant do on behalf of this ssn or its same like the regular one just has additional heading on it?
    Its just that word on heading nothing else you start working after ssn arrives at your address. also apply for credit card,bank account, etc with that social card. No restrictions.

SS will carry that note until your PR or citizenship is confirmed, the rest no restrictions you can start work and most important start paying taxes if you have kids put them as dependents while paying taxes, you will get the return on your tax return.

Quote Originally Posted by A_rfd View Post
    Its just that word on heading nothing else you start working after ssn arrives at your address. also apply for credit card,bank account, etc with that social card. No restrictions.
    Thanks for your quick response a_frd,Appreciated friend

Quote Originally Posted by AAli View Post
    SS will carry that note until your PR or citizenship is confirmed, the rest no restrictions you can start work and most important start paying taxes if you have kids put them as dependents while paying taxes, you will get the return on your tax return.
    Thanks for your quick response AAli,Appreciated friend