Thread: Aug/2016

Aug/2016

My boyfriend applied for his visa u in 2016 , he left back to mexico to wait for his visa there , how is the process for his visa u since he is not in the united states

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanzu71 View Post
    My boyfriend applied for his visa u in 2016 , he left back to mexico to wait for his visa there , how is the process for his visa u since he is not in the united states
    If he was deported,his case continue while abroad,but he has to wait until there's a u visa number available (providing he is approved) to enter the US again and this will be done thru an embassy or consulate process,so he won't obtain a deferred action.But if your boyfriend left on his own,his u visa case is closed and it's over! The rules are very clear on that,once you apply for the u visa inside the USA,you can't leave the country until you get your adjustment of status,and that can be many years down the road,unless you have an emergency and request a parole which is really hard to obtain.

He was cougth by imigration and was giving the chance by the judge to do a voluntary deportation , will that make his case closed ?

It is possible that he can be granted a u visa after self deportation but not guaranteed ,did he ask his attorney what his options were? The most important thing right now,is not to try to come back to the US illegally and wait for an answer to his case down there,because if he tries to come back before an approval, that will bring more legal issues to his case

He was cougth by imigration and was giving the chance by the judge to do a voluntary deportation , will that make his case closed ?
    His case will continue!
    I know people who were deported, but had already applied for a U Visa, judge said you can wait for it in your home country. (If his case is approved) They will not get DA, they will be allowed to come back only until their U Visa is granted, is a different process from those of us who are in the states.

I would suggest you speak to an immigration lawyer, for better answers.
    I'm just speaking based on people I know with similar cases as your boyfriend.
    Last edited by Sept2014; 10-11-2018 at 09:18 AM.

He did , and he actually did his finger prints for the visa U once he got to Mexico ,his lawayer sent the paper work for the finger prints with him and once he got there he went to the embassy over there and got them done, so hopefully he will be ok . He has been watting in mexico for 2 years and 2 months now . His application date is 08/16/2016

He did , and he actually did his finger prints for the visa U once he got to Mexico ,his lawayer sent the paper work for the finger prints with him and once he got there he went to the embassy over there and got them done, so hopefully he will be ok . He has been watting in mexico for 2 years and 2 months now . His application date is 08/16/2016
    I believe he will be ok, I'm September 2014, still waiting for final U Visa.
    So he still has a couple of years to go.

Thank you so much for the info and good luck 🙏🏻🙏🏻 Hopefully you get good news soon .