Thread: Anybody on waiting list and currently in mexico?

Anybody on waiting list and currently in mexico?

My husband was put on the waiting list as of 8/1/18. He is currently in mexico waiting for his visa u. What happens when when he gets his visa u? Will he be able to cross back into the u.s. With his visa u card? Does anybody know how that works? Of course since he is not physically present in the u.s. He is not eligible for deferred action. Anybody with the same experience please reply

timeline:

Application received 10/15/2014
    case transferred to nebraska 12/19/2016
    rfe 07/19/2017
    rfe received 9/18/2017
    placed on waiting list 08/01/2018

[QUOTE=herrera_80;9385]My husband was put on the waiting list as of 8/1/18. He is currently in mexico waiting for his visa u. What happens when when he gets his visa u? Will he be able to cross back into the u.s. With his visa u card? Does anybody know how that works? Of course since he is not physically present in the u.s. He is not eligible for deferred action. Anybody with the same experience please reply

timeline:

rfe 07/19/2017
    rfe received 9/18/2017
    placed on waiting list 08/01/2018[/QUOTE

Theres this spanish site call helloforos. Its like a chat site. If you type u visa it gives you u visa groups were people talk about their situations. I think a few are wainting pending cases out of country and one got approved.
    You should check it out.

First: He needs to wait until a Visa is available for him, about one year. Second: What I have read in this forum is that Once he receives the U-visa He needs to go to the USA Embassy in Mexico to get his Visa stamped in the passport.

Quote Originally Posted by herrera_80 View Post
    My husband was put on the waiting list as of 8/1/18. He is currently in mexico waiting for his visa u. What happens when when he gets his visa u? Will he be able to cross back into the u.s. With his visa u card? Does anybody know how that works? Of course since he is not physically present in the u.s. He is not eligible for deferred action. Anybody with the same experience please reply

timeline:

rfe 07/19/2017
    rfe received 9/18/2017
    It is like applying for a normal visa. When he gets notified that his visa is available he has to make an appointment. Takes valid passport, DS 160 can fill it out online and any other evidence and fees. Go to appointment. Will have interview. If approved get issued visa. Make sure he has all waivers excused because having an approved u visa doesn't guarantee the visa. I haven't been through the process, I haven't left US yet. I got the information because I want to leave.

If I'm not mistaking your Husband would either get his U Visa approval in the end of October of this year or the beginning on January 2019. I'm not sure how it works if he's in Mexico but once is approved and he has his work permit is either go to the consulado near him and tell them that he was recently approved for U Visa. If you go to www.usembassy.gov for more details you'll find better results I would think. I'm sure he would have to contact the nearest Consulado to set up an appointment for them to issue them something stating their legal entry. Good luck Girl. Wish you the best.

once you visa is approved and if your husband does not have any immigration violation he could go to consulate by submiting ds160 for stamping actual uvisa stamped on his passport ,he would need the approved uvisa copy and if he has immigration violation he would have to file waiver i192 in the us and wait till it is approved to go to the consulate for uvisa stamping

Quote Originally Posted by herrera_80 View Post

timeline:

rfe 07/19/2017
    rfe received 9/18/2017

What was your Ref about?