Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U visa rejected

Quote Originally Posted by Jabalin05 View Post
    Its going to get a lot worse,in late June USCIS changed rules now if you get RFE and you miss the dateline you’re automatically in deportation;U VISA will be targeted by Trump this year to see if it’s revoked or not,they already did it with TPS.I was denied a u visa myself a year ago,but right after that I sent my AOS package and now I got EAD/advance parole card,I already been to Monterrey mexico,just waiting on the interview for me and my wife whom is an American citizen,good luck fellas.
    They already did that. They started reviewing cases since last year. U visa is different from other visas. It is the only visa that forgives convictions, working illegally and entering illegally. VAWA has already been renewed by Trump. The problems most people have been facing is when they try to adjust.

Anybody can get a notice to appear if their cases arenít approved

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    Things have changed so much. I haven't heard much about u visa denials either. Most people who apply for u visa are out of status by time their case gets looked at but some might have other options to remain. I think a notice of intent to deny and rfe are usually sent before a denial. Don't even know if you can appeal a denial.
    You can try a motion to reopen form I-290B probably itíll buy you some time,I did file it;the denial letter will explain why your case was denied according to the laws,I donít really know if USCIS is letting people file those appeals or motions anymore,like everyone say rules are changing to make it impossible for immigrants to get legal,even although Iím in the boat Iím still scared I can be taken in custody by ICE,my record is clean and I never had a deportation order against me,you can always call this number and check if you are in removal procedings dial 18008987180,itíll ask for your alien number,just follow the instructions,thereís even an option for Spanish which is number 2,hope it really help to someone on here

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    They already did that. They started reviewing cases since last year. U visa is different from other visas. It is the only visa that forgives convictions, working illegally and entering illegally. VAWA has already been renewed by Trump. The problems most people have been facing is when they try to adjust.
    I honestly donít know if they have reviewed it yet,I read it on the news last Friday that they were about to review VAWA

how did you get AOS without u visa or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabalin05 View Post
    I honestly donít know if they have reviewed it yet,I read it on the news last Friday that they were about to review VAWA
    Yes you are very right. I thought they had renewed it but they simply kept extending the deadline. Think they have done so twice. Hopefully they get around to it. They apparently put it off until after the elections...we shall see. I should mention though that U visas aren't likely to be affected. U visas fall under another act...vawa is for married spouses. U and T visas come under victims of violence and trafficking protection act 2000.